Game 69 : A Shark In Jets Clothing

13 hours ago, pigseye said:

Wow, who pinches late in a tie game like that, #57 take a bow.

But if it had worked...

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

The Hayes line really took it on the chin.... -4, -4, -3.

Little that much worse at 2nd line center?

To me the story of the game was that both goalies looked rattled with those tip-in's but it was SJ who went with the feeling you throw everything at the net. 11-4 shots in 3rd.

Perreault now at 2 consecutive games scoring a goal.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Based off the fact that he's been meh with exception to one game since his arrival.  

I thought his first five games here were pretty good, particularly in the faceoff dot. His last two games have been very forgettable, though. Then again, I think the entire team wants to erase last night's mostly pitiful effort.

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

But... He also has something like 30 PIMs compared to Hayes 0. Or maybe 2 minutes now

Lemieux got a 10 minute match penalty for an elbow, so he'll have another hearing with the discipline committee. As a repeat offender from earlier this year, he could get hammered. I've seen the hit though, the Canuck player was tripped up as was on his knees falling into Lemieux, who was going for a body check to clear the net. The player (Roussel) just happened to have his head at Lemieux's elbow level at that particular moment, and Lemieux did not extend his arm or anything. Had Roussel kept his feet, this would have been an ordinary body check IMO. But Lemieux's history will work against him, I suspect.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Lemieux got a 10 minute match penalty for an elbow, so he'll have another hearing with the discipline committee. As a repeat offender from earlier this year, he could get hammered. I've seen the hit though, the Canuck player was tripped up as was on his knees falling into Lemieux, who was going for a body check to clear the net. The player (Roussel) just happened to have his head at Lemieux's elbow level at that particular moment, and Lemieux did not extend his arm or anything. Had Roussel kept his feet, this would have been an ordinary body check IMO. But Lemieux's history will work against him, I suspect.

There's no way he'll get suspended for that. Shouldn't have even been a minor penalty, imo.

1 minute ago, sweep the leg said:

There's no way he'll get suspended for that. Shouldn't have even been a minor penalty, imo.

I agree, but they gave him a 10 minute match penalty, which would suggest intent to injure, so not sure how the committee will reconcile that. Perhaps Kreidr’s elbow earlier had their radar up, so they tossed him after seeing another head injury to keep the game from getting out of hand. 

Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

I agree, but they gave him a 10 minute match penalty, which would suggest intent to injure, so not sure how the committee will reconcile that. Perhaps Kreidr’s elbow earlier had their radar up, so they tossed him after seeing another head injury to keep the game from getting out of hand. 

I think the problem was Roussel's leg, not his head.