Game 68 : @ Near the Memorials to Vietnam and Lincoln

45 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Caps didnt deserve that one.

giphy.gif

I thought we played half decent tonight. Just missing decent shot from the point on the PP. Miss Buff.

Let me leave you with a happy thought. WASH plays TB in a seven game East Conf Final that tires out both teams.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

40 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Lol. He's terrible on the PP and should not be on it ever again. 

Yeah, I thought he looked pretty bad tonight overall, not just the pp.

It seems like he thinks the game too slow. He telegraphs what he's going to do when he has the puck on the pp. I'd like to see them use Niku there until Buff is back.

5 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Yeah, I thought he looked pretty bad tonight overall, not just the pp.

It seems like he thinks the game too slow. He telegraphs what he's going to do when he has the puck on the pp. I'd like to see them use Niku there until Buff is back.

Do the Jets even use an LHD anymore on the PP?

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

Lol. He's terrible on the PP and should not be on it ever again. 

He's not a strong offensive blue liner by any means. That's not his job, though. Outside of the powerplay (which I think he's on simply because #33 and #44 are out), he had a solid outing last night.

9 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Do the Jets even use an LHD anymore on the PP?

Wasn't Morrissey on top unit when Byfuglien went down with injury?

32 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Morrissey has definitely run the first pp unit

Yup. When Buff was out. He was good too. Jets should try Niku over Trouba on the PP. Replace Connor with Hayes or Ehlers who is a zone entry machine. 

Its crazy when down by 1 u got little out there over Ehlers or Connor. Just dumb. .

39 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Be tough as LHD to pass it to Laine or Schief in that “one timer shot position” which is why I don’t recall him on 1st unit PP.

Thats pretty much the PP isnt it? But its more D to Wheeler to D to Wheeler to D to Wheeler to Laine... Goal, No Goal. 

Our PP is incredibly predictable and stands still.. There is no movement besides D to Wheeler to Laine or 55. 

Its why its plateuad. Also..  Scheifele and Wheeler have been severly overplayed.. Wheeler and Scheif need to be broken up. Hopefully Scheif can handle it.. Cuz appears his breakup with his olympic GF has hurt his game. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Wheeler and Scheif need to be broken up. Hopefully Scheif can handle it.. Cuz appears his breakup with his olympic GF has hurt his game. 

Where do you come up with this garbage? Where do you put either player, anyway?

And seriously... you're trying to blame Scheifele's recent struggles on his breakup with Dara Howell back in the summer of 2017...? He's played a total 145 games since then, scoring 69 goals and 155 points, and is a +40. Oh, and an All-Star nod.

I agree with you on the predictability of the power play but that's ultimately on the coaching staff to change the scheme. This nonsense about breaking up the top line is utterly asinine.