good news thread (non polItical please)

Mark F

On 2020-05-11 at 12:00 PM, iHeart said:

After almost two months of working from home, I'm going back to work next week!

it'll be one or two times a week though because we are taking baby steps

though I will still have to work from home on those other one or two days I won't come in (I work part time)

So starting next week my working from home days will be officially done, I'll be back at the workplace during my normal work hours

Just now, JCon said:

What do they expect you to do? 

aside from shelving and computer related tasks, there's wiping down books that have been returned, I was just on the phone with my supervisor and I had said at least an upside to this quarantine is that the kids have time to clean their rooms and see if they have located any overdue books (and when I was in on Wednesday there were so many books that got returned)

1 minute ago, do or die said:

Making headway in being able to work from home, going forward, until I decide to pull the retirement plug.....

Good luck!

Honestly, I'm hoping to move to a 4 day work week (or 9 out of 10 days). Maybe even a few days from home per week. 

Until there is a vaccine, even if someone has the sniffles, they'll be instructed to stay home. I expect to work from home at least half the time anyhow.

43 minutes ago, JCon said:

What do they expect you to do? 

Decontaminating! It should be pretty safe though if no one ever tested positive from there. More like dusting off the books. Do they still have books or PC locked to Wikipedia 🤔

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

12 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Decontaminating! It should be pretty safe though if no one ever tested positive from there. More like dusting off the books. Do they still have books or PC locked to Wikipedia 🤔

Decontaminating what, though? No one is borrowing the books and, if the virus was in the school, it would be dead already. Even on the books it will be dead not long after it gets dropped off. 

A tale of 2 leatherback sea turtles tagged off Nova Scotia

Good luck, persistence and international co-operation has delivered a rare trove of data from two endangered leatherback turtles tagged off Nova Scotia last summer.

The turtles, Ruby and Isabel, were carrying a tracking transmitter and a device that stored a huge cache of precise GPS locations accumulated during their 12,000-kilometre migration from Canada to Trinidad, off South America.

This month, when the nesting leatherbacks crawled ashore on separate beaches, researchers and volunteers on the island managed to intercept them, retrieve their tags and 10 months of stored data.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/a-tale-of-2-leatherback-sea-turtles-tagged-off-nova-scotia-1.5580197

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...