National Combine Invites

Noeller

I respect what these (mostly) young guys are trying to achieve by undertaking these challenges. Good luck in the upcoming draft on May 2nd. Word is next year, they may have Draft...Live

The only thing I would change next year is the name - Combine. It’s too Saskatchewanish

And from that recap...^^^

“First impressions is this is a real, real intriguing draft,” Bombers GM Kyle Walters told bluebombers.com from Toronto. “Watching this over the past few days has put a smile on our faces. We’re thinking we are going to get two really, really good players we like in the first round.” 

20 hours ago, Floyd said:

Well I'm still leaning Nate Anderson and BPA OL for 4 and 5

Then Sopik or Lyles at 14

I have no clue but.. You seem to know your ****. However, you have a yearly history here of predicting which guys they take and im not sure if you've gotten 1 right yet. Not saying anything just pointing it out... Obviously means theres no real consensus ever

31 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Very impressed with Lenius-Dickey, this guy looks like a game-changer,  if you don't have a spot for a is 6'-5" 243 lbs receiver who runs a 4.75/40 has good hands and ball sense, you make room for him.  I'd be surprised if he didn't take a shot at T.E. in the NFL.

We have several very good Canuck receivers, but let the best man win. We can always trade one away for a good return.

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Very impressed with Lenius-Dickey, this guy looks like a game-changer,  if you don't have a spot for a is 6'-5" 243 lbs receiver who runs a 4.75/40 has good hands and ball sense, you make room for him.  I'd be surprised if he didn't take a shot at T.E. in the NFL.

He couldn't even win a starting spot on a 3-9 NCAA team as a tight end.  LOOKS like a game changer, terrible in agility drills, sure good 40, didn't bench, average in jumps, average with pads on.  He told all the teams that interviewed him that he's targeting 225 as his playing weight, so he's likely to be a little faster with a bit less bulk, not sure that helps him change direction quicker.  I don't think he's in the top 5 receivers in this draft.

On 2019-03-24 at 5:20 PM, rebusrankin said:

So JBR, who would you take a 4,5 and 14?

I would hope we'd end up with a decent OL, there are a few who could compete to play this year and if we go OL in the first round we will get one.  I really like Desjarlais and Wilkinson from Northern Colorado  I'd also like to see the Bombers take one of the receivers in the first round, why not look at starting 3 if we have the guys to do it?  Then in the second round I'd be leaning toward defense, DB or DL.   Also potential there to draft a guy who's heading south and take the risk on that.  I think there's a high likelihood we get guys that can play for us in the 3rd and 4th rounds so I wouldn't be too afraid to gamble.  Generally I like the best player available approach though.  

14 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

He couldn't even win a starting spot on a 3-9 NCAA team as a tight end.  LOOKS like a game changer, terrible in agility drills, sure good 40, didn't bench, average in jumps, average with pads on.  He told all the teams that interviewed him that he's targeting 225 as his playing weight, so he's likely to be a little faster with a bit less bulk, not sure that helps him change direction quicker.  I don't think he's in the top 5 receivers in this draft.

I would hope we'd end up with a decent OL, there are a few who could compete to play this year and if we go OL in the first round we will get one.  I really like Desjarlais and Wilkinson from Northern Colorado  I'd also like to see the Bombers take one of the receivers in the first round, why not look at starting 3 if we have the guys to do it?  Then in the second round I'd be leaning toward defense, DB or DL.   Also potential there to draft a guy who's heading south and take the risk on that.  I think there's a high likelihood we get guys that can play for us in the 3rd and 4th rounds so I wouldn't be too afraid to gamble.  Generally I like the best player available approach though.  

Thanks. I agree on an OL, that seems to be Walters MO. Can see the logic in a WR.

17 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

So, he doesn't seem like a guy who could go the NFL route - might be a good pick if he's still there in the 2nd or 3rd round.

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

So, he doesn't seem like a guy who could go the NFL route - might be a good pick if he's still there in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Faith Ekakitie has made me wary of college guys who couldn't earn a starting roster spot. Boateng at Fresno State is another this year. Maybe they'll prove me wrong, but I'm not raising anyone's stock just because they went to school in the US.