Game 66 : @ Bus To Tampa Bay

23 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Beaulieu and Niku are pleasant surprises 

still don’t like this zone D they’re using lately - gonna be tough to keep TB contained

Yeah too bad Maurice won't try Niku on the first PP over Trouba who just isn't a first PP Defensemen...his shot doesn't scare the opposition and his one time passing over to Laine is well...brutal? But Maurice will stick with Trouba no matter what.  

17 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Yeah too bad Maurice won't try Niku on the first PP over Trouba who just isn't a first PP Defensemen...his shot doesn't scare the opposition and his one time passing over to Laine is well...brutal? But Maurice will stick with Trouba no matter what.  

With Morrissey out and Myers on the second unit, Trouba is the default. Chariot would have a more dangerous shot back there, but with Laine playing at the faceoff dot and not covering the point or securing wide shots off the wall well, I think Maurice sees the danger of a possible short-handed two-on-one and wants a reliable d-man to handle the counter-attack rather than another pinching guy like Myers or defensive liability back there. With Myers on, he can count on Ehlers' or Perrault's speed and Little's defensive-mindedness to cover on a backcheck. Although I am impressed with Niku's offensive vision, foot movement and puckhandling inside the other team's zone.

I'm low key loving the Beaulieu trade. I always liked that kid and hoped he would develop into the 1st-Round pick talent people thought he would be. Not sure he'll ever get there, but he's looked solid so far...exactly what they've needed with the injuries they have on the back end.

59 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Agreed. Both Trouba and Myers are dumb... Low hockey IQ guys.. Ideally you got Buff or JoMo but for now.. Niku is the best option on the PP. He has high hockey IQ. 

Hayes in for Connor also on the PP would be good. .

6 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

With Morrissey out and Myers on the second unit, Trouba is the default. Chariot would have a more dangerous shot back there, but with Laine playing at the faceoff dot and not covering the point or securing wide shots off the wall well, I think Maurice sees the danger of a possible short-handed two-on-one and wants a reliable d-man to handle the counter-attack rather than another pinching guy like Myers or defensive liability back there. With Myers on, he can count on Ehlers' or Perrault's speed and Little's defensive-mindedness to cover on a backcheck. Although I am impressed with Niku's offensive vision, foot movement and puckhandling inside the other team's zone.

I agree to a point...when Buff is back he gets that spot back and he is not necessarily a reliable d-man to counter - attack i think its more he doesn't trust Niku. 

It's not only the penalties, it feels like the only time  we gain puck control is if the other team makes a mistake and we end up with an odd man rush.  

Whenever it's in our own end this season it just seems painfully difficult to get the puck away from the opposition....

Edited by Brandon

Last year the Jets were often first to the puck... this year, does not seem to be happening very much, (have only watched a few games)

Also seem a bit disorganized compared to last year's team. Maybe from having so many different players on the ice.

Edited by Mark F

wpgjetshfboards:   the whole Jets team is lousy, cut / trade everyone, fire Maurice. He's an idiot, Scheifele sucks.....

I try off and on to read the game thread there, but it's a worthless pile of bitching and complaining .

Edited by Mark F

Game not even over and I've moved on. I'll put the. blame on a missing Buff, Morrissey, Lowry and not the superior team that beat us.

Speaking of Lowry, with him coming back, whose with me in starting Par the next game and giving Roslo a sit?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Tanev is useless without Lowry. 

Why is Perreault Little Roslo not a thing? 

Tampa is good.. Really good. 

They also get a lot of calls going their way.. Some of the calls.. Copp ya that's a hold but he never had the puck and the Tampa player interfered with him. Wheeler being tripped in the 3rd.. Blatant.. No call. Pauqette left his feet to hit Kulikov in the 1st.. Late hit again later the game.. Kuli gets called for a weak slash. 

Just BS. 

Not a great game.. Laine was good again so was Niku. 

Broissoit takes the L. He let in 3rd goal lol. Helle was good. Goalies aren't the problem

Edited by Goalie

I think our D got exposed today... Not surprising.. You need D that can stretch the ice with Tampa. Niku and at times Trouba can do that.. The rest cant.. Myers and Kuli getting 1st pair minutes is a huge problem. 

Buff Morrissey helps lots this game as does Lowry. All physical players.. 2 can stretch the ice.. Buff is an intimidator.. Mo makes Trouba better. 

Man.. 

Mo Trouba

Niku Buff 

Beaulieu Myers 

Likely pretty good. 

Beaulieu better than Chiarot and Kulikov. Wouldn't mind seeing Kiselevich next game instead of Kulikov.