Game 65 : @ Bloodbuzz Ohio

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

He was real good, especially in the 3rd.  Got to stop giving up so many high quality opportunities though.

I think for the most part Kuli and Myers are on the ice.. Playing above their heads being pair 2 now. Good 3rd pair but exposed when forced to play 2 much. 

Interesting fact cuz at times its definitely clench hard time but Jets are 14 0 1 when tied after 2. 

Also own the  entire league.. Something like 28 7 2 or something. But struggling with the central because of the 4 losses to Minny. 

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Up until the last 2 minutes of the 3rd it felt like the team was in complete survival mode.   40 shots against us yet again is a scary thing. 

Also Panarin throwing his stick at Wheeler during the empty net goal was classless. 

Pan bread was really phoning it in tonight. Not sure why Columbus didn't deal him at the deadline.

16 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Wheeler was out of his damn mind last night. What a beauty! Hellebuyck, Beaulieu, and Trouba had very nice games, too.

It's only been two games but it looks like the team has finally woken up a bit. Makes me wonder if that loss to the Wild last Tuesday lit a fire.

Maybe the Jets know how long the season can be and how nothing matters for a team like them until the playoffs start, so no point in playing with full intensity in game 37 if you are burned out in Round 1 (the "Boudreau effect" - copyright 2019 by TB4E). They knew that their talent could get them many wins, and they have led the Central for over 2 months now playing what most will say is far from their best hockey. Imagine being Tampa Bay and killing it with a 130 point regular season only to get bounced in the second round by Boston, or have to face Pittsburgh in the first round, how successful is their season then? Saw it with the Red Wings in '96.

44 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Maybe the Jets know how long the season can be and how nothing matters for a team like them until the playoffs start, so no point in playing with full intensity in game 37 if you are burned out in Round 1 (the "Boudreau effect" - copyright 2019 by TB4E). They knew that their talent could get them many wins, and they have led the Central for over 2 months now playing what most will say is far from their best hockey. Imagine being Tampa Bay and killing it with a 130 point regular season only to get bounced in the second round by Boston, or have to face Pittsburgh in the first round, how successful is their season then? Saw it with the Red Wings in '96.

You make some good points. I guess my concerns had more to do with their general play throughout the month of February. The lack of attention to detail, inept defensive play, special teams taking a bit of a nosedive, and some discipline issues. They really seemed to play down to their opponents in many cases and looked to have got away from what's made them a successful team since last season.

Their grip on the top spot in the Central could be so much better had they managed better efforts against middling teams and bottom-feeders (particularly the Senators).

Fortunately, they also seemed play their best games against the top teams. It looks like they're trending in the right direction, which is great considering the opponent they face tomorrow.

14 hours ago, Goalie said:

Jets give up 42 shots... Christ. Helle the man

Jets never trailed. Lots of BS penalties tho... Really inflate the shots.. Thought they were solid.... Minus penalty issues. 

Sounding like a spoiled Jets fan and armchair qb that I am,  really think we should rethink how we scheme our pk. We need to play tighter on the point. We have the personal to play an aggressive style. Yes it can be a risk in opening up lanes but the collapsed box is too conservative and allows the opposition to much time to set up. Force them to make quick decisions.

28 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Sounding like a spoiled Jets fan and armchair qb that I am,  really think we should rethink how we scheme our pk. We need to play tighter on the point. We have the personal to play an aggressive style. Yes it can be a risk in opening up lanes but the collapsed box is too conservative and allows the opposition to much time to set up. Force them to make quick decisions.

I agree with this.  It's not like Maurice needs to reinvent the wheel, just give the PK a tweak and sprinkle in some aggression.  I believe we're 22nd in the league right now.  That's not good.  At the very least, a bit of aggressive play will throw the opposing team off, a time or two, and maybe not let them settle into our zone so easily.

53 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

So no love for Par?  I thought he played really well last night.  Made our PK better too.

I liked how he played. If he and linemate were able to finish he would have had two goals and an assist. No matter who we have on our pk, passive scheme doesn't get the most out of them imho. I'll have to let go of this pk frustration, my therapist says it's not healthy.