JETS TRADE: Get Hayes, Hendricks, Beaulieu

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I don't understand how we couldn't of got a 4th round pick for Petan? 

Its time to realize and accept that Petan has zero value. The fact he was traded last minute says there weren't any teams who wanted him and the one who did was only willing to give up their Petan. Hes not even worth a 7th rd pick. 

I'd imagine eventually leafs will send him down and he will clear waivers. Over 100 nhl games played.. Hasn't done much at all. Ppl give him excuses like he was playing with plugs but how come the guys who played instead of Petan, why were they better. Appleton. Armia at a point. Copp. Thorbs.. Then Lemieux even. They all did more than Petan. Matt Hendricks brings more to the team than Nic Petan. 

I wish him well but looks like hes on that list of jr stars who couldn't make it in the pros... I wish him well tho, hes been through lots this year in particular

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Its time to realize and accept that Petan has zero value. The fact he was traded last minute says there weren't any teams who wanted him and the one who did was only willing to give up their Petan. Hes not even worth a 7th rd pick. 

I agree that Petan has little value at this stage, but not sure why you keep saying Lindholm is another Petan.  Is it because you're expecting him to be in the press box or based on play? 

Stylistically, Petan is an offensive player who wasn't trusted by the coach defensively, while Lindholm seems to be trusted defensively (based on PK time and d-zone starts) but hasn't put up any offense to speak of.  And while his ice-time appears to be have dwindled for the Leafs more recently, he hasn't been a regular scratch.

I also don't mind Lindholm as a depth piece and he might even provide some value in the playoffs in case of injury.  He can play both Wing and Center, was just over 50% in the face-off dot and can kill penalties.  Plus he is UFA so his contract comes off the books for next year.  And even though he is 27, because this is his first NHL contract, he is waivers exempt while Petan wasn't so there is roster flexibility if needed.  Plus Chevy moved him to get Petan a fresh start - getting a usable depth piece for a playoff run is gravy.