Game 60 : @ Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead

Jets are playing like a team praying for a trade deadline deal to jump start their season. That 2 day break was the wrong approach, clearly. I paid $400 for two of the worst seats in the house in Vegas for Friday. They had better show up that night or I'll be booing lustily. Who knew the theme song for tonight's game story was so prophetic. Apparently the thing to do in Denver when you are dead is play a hockey game against the Avs. 

7 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Jets are playing like a team praying for a trade deadline deal to jump start their season. That 2 day break was the wrong approach, clearly. I paid $400 for two of the worst seats in the house in Vegas for Friday. They had better show up that night or I'll be booing lustily. Who knew the theme song for tonight's game story was so prophetic. Apparently the thing to do in Denver when you are dead is play a hockey game against the Avs. 

I was thinking the same thing.  Lots of chatter about Jets making a big trade and its like the team either can't handle the thought of it or they really want it and are "waiting" for it to happen.

I'd suspect there is something amiss in the room the way they're playing.  But I also can't imagine Wheeler letting that fester for long.  

What effect does uncertainty play in the way the Jets are performing?....or not performing may be closer the truth....Pitiful effort against another bottom tier club and I sure didn't see a playoff contender on Maurice's bench...What a joke Laine is right now....weak play...looks uninterested and is a liability on the ice right now....Does he think he's going to be dealt?....There needs to be some sort of reckoning going on in this dressing room before the slide becomes an avalanche...There's clearly something wrong....and if it's waiting for the club to make a trade Chevy better pull the trigger quick cuz this team is slipping away...I think it all was expressed very well by Helle when he smashed his goal stick to smithereens ...Pathetic performance by the club

44 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Maybe everyone loves Winnipeg so much that they are playing like garbage so no team wants them

you know it's funny, I was kind of thinking the same thing, but that would backfire on them big time, why would they intentionally blow a few games just to save their skins?

Edited by iHeart

12 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Lots of chatter about Jets making a big trade and its like the team either can't handle the thought of it or they really want it and are "waiting" for it to happen.

I'd suspect there is something amiss in the room the way they're playing.  But I also can't imagine Wheeler letting that fester for long.  

Here's the thing... Have you watched Wheeler play recently? Hes floating.. Zero D zone play.. Hes whats the most amiss in the room. Maurice needs to take some blame too cuz a team quitting, giving up, Thats a sign the coach has lost the room. 

11 hours ago, Stickem said:

What effect does uncertainty play in the way the Jets are performing?....or not performing may be closer the truth....Pitiful effort against another bottom tier club and I sure didn't see a playoff contender on Maurice's bench...What a joke Laine is right now....weak play...looks uninterested and is a liability on the ice right now....Does he think he's going to be dealt?....There needs to be some sort of reckoning going on in this dressing room before the slide becomes an avalanche...There's clearly something wrong....and if it's waiting for the club to make a trade Chevy better pull the trigger quick cuz this team is slipping away...I think it all was expressed very well by Helle when he smashed his goal stick to smithereens ...Pathetic performance by the club

Wheeler and Scheif are the biggest problems right now. Blaming a 20 yr old kid when the leaders are coasting and floating and getting owned in the D zone for 2 months, actually all season is crazy. 

A 20 year old kid. Hes not the captain, he's not an Assistant.. Hes not the coach. Hes a 20 yr old in a slump but actually hustling in the D zone unlike 55 and 26 and 81 for that matter. 

Your leaders and Coach... Something is amiss there. There appears to be a disconnect. 

9 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

But he's done it before... Maybe the players need to do a better job moving their feet. The Jets are fast team when they actually skate.

When has he done it before?  Avs, Vegas, Cdns, Tampa...  all these speed teams do well against the Jets - its speedy back checking that Maurice can't handle - no plan B for zone entry

We beat Nashville because they play the same game as the Jets...

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

When has he done it before?  Avs, Vegas, Cdns, Tampa...  all these speed teams do well against the Jets - its speedy back checking that Maurice can't handle - no plan B for zone entry

We beat Nashville because they play the same game as the Jets...

Well, we saw glimpses in 2015-16, 2016-17, and then a consistent showing last season, and then again on and off this season. Last season was easily the most consistent this team has ever played as far as its team game goes. I mean, up until the last two meetings, the Jets have owned the Avs, they just beat the Knights last month, and they beat the Bolts back in December.

And no. The Jets beat the Preds because they're the better team. We saw that in last year's second round and more recently this season (last month). When the Jets actually buy into the system and play to their strengths, they're a top team. Unfortunately, they're not doing it consistently lately, which is proving to be costly.

I find it strange you want to blame the coach but not the players - the ones on the ice who aren't executing consistently or playing at their best.

14 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Well, we saw glimpses in 2015-16, 2016-17, and then a consistent showing last season, and then again on and off this season. Last season was easily the most consistent this team has ever played as far as its team game goes. I mean, up until the last two meetings, the Jets have owned the Avs, they just beat the Knights last month, and they beat the Bolts back in December.

And no. The Jets beat the Preds because they're the better team. We saw that in last year's second round and more recently this season (last month). When the Jets actually buy into the system and play to their strengths, they're a top team. Unfortunately, they're not doing it consistently lately, which is proving to be costly.

I find it strange you want to blame the coach but not the players - the ones on the ice who aren't executing consistently or playing at their best.

Im not really throwing blame on Maurice... I'm just saying he's never been good against speed.

I really think something fkd just happened in the dressing room last month - like Chris Pronger level messed up...  that's what this slump seems like

35 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Wheeler and Scheif are the biggest problems right now. Blaming a 20 yr old kid when the leaders are coasting and floating and getting owned in the D zone for 2 months, actually all season is crazy. 

A 20 year old kid. Hes not the captain, he's not an Assistant.. Hes not the coach. Hes a 20 yr old in a slump but actually hustling in the D zone unlike 55 and 26 and 81 for that matter. 

Your leaders and Coach... Something is amiss there. There appears to be a disconnect. 

From my untrained eyes to me it seemed like last season everyone was flying around and crashing into the boards and everyone seemed to be playing like how Tanev is playing right now.     

It seemed like they had way more puck control in the offensive zone and they cycled the puck way more. 

The last few weeks it seems to me that everyone is just watching the puck in our own end and waiting for an odd man rush to generate any kind of scoring.  

Like you said Wheeler and a whole bunch of guys are floating and just standing still and waiting for the goalies to make the save and hope that the puck gets flipped up down ice.  

And if your leaders like 55 and 26 are standing around floating, everyone else will too. 

Maurice actually broke up 55 and 26 in the 3rd, but for some reason put Roslo with him instead of Laine. Just odd. 

Its ****** up when your captain says you quit, you gave up. 

Just saying but outside of moving Perreault up and Roslo down, or when shortening the bench, last Night was the first time in 2019 55 and 26 were split up. Complaceny is an issue. Maurice let it get this way, lets see if he can figure it out cuz.. Looks to me like hes done nothing to try and fix things. He just says he will then u get the same 4 lines as always. Same top 6. Same 18 stuck to 29. Same 55 and 26 attached at the hip. 

Do something.. Its time for the coach to start doing coach things. 

If I had to pin this slump on ONE player... its Trouba... he's playing without any thought half the time - pinching at all the wrong times, trying to be Buff... trying to show off for a big contract I think

Myers needs an Enstrom - Kulikov must be playing injured and Morrow/Chiarot are just not good enough to cover Myer's offensive style - Chiarot works with Buff but just barely...

We might get Stone but we really needed Muzzin.

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Interesting that you're putting the blame on the D man who has the best +/- on the entire team with +15.

On the opposite end is Laine at -18.

Im not saying the whole season...  but since all-star break... yup.

And plus/minus is a ridiculous stat