Bombers Radio Brandon/Westman

Xman

I’m currious if anyone knows of Stations in the Brandon/Westman region that broadcast Bomber games?

we decided that we can’t afford satellite TV for the cottage.at Pelican Lake south of Brandon .but I don’t wanna miss Bombers games.  

I know CJOB won’t broadcast that far does any Station in Brandon or Westman broadcast Bomber games?

Boissevain's Golden West repeater used to but I don't believe they're on the network anymore. Winkler DID back around 06/07 but I don't think they have in awhile. One of the only rural stations that picks up the network feed is Dauphin. I don't know why CKLQ doesn't pick up games for Westman... It really seems like a natural fit, unless Corus is asking for an obscene price for the rights... 

2 hours ago, Xman said:

Interesting what is IPTV? Also there is no internet out there so if it involves steaming then it won’t work 

Its internet based so ya, it won't work.  I've been to that area a few times so I know that internet isn't an option.  You are either going to have to drive to Killarney/Wawanesa and watch in the bar or get satellite radio.

9 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The CJOB/Global broadcast can be streamed on a smart phone.

37 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

I can pick up CJOB at my cabin in Paint Lake, just south of Thompson, that's 7 hours North of Winnipeg. You're telling me you can't get CJOB 2 hours out? Odd.

There must be a rebroadcasting of the station. Somewhere... CJOB hardly comes in at Brandon let alone in the valley at Pelican Lake...

You could try running some copper wire for an am antenna. it's simple. lots of diagrams on how to do it. "long wire am radio antenna"

http://www.iw5edi.com/ham-radio/?instructions-for-putting-up-a-long-wire-antenna,116

it's just a line of 12 gauge copper wire, with insulators.

You should be able to get CJOB where you are....  worth a try.

Also, maybe try the car radio, they seem to be better than a tabletop radio for reception.

If it's it's hilly where you are, that reduces reception.

Edited by Mark F

Don't know how it would work for you but I have heard guys will get together with fellow cabin neighbours and grab satellite's and receivers and each take one for the lake then split the bill to make it easier to swallow for how little a person is usually at the lake or watching tv at the lake?  My old basic package was only $50 a month and that included TSN HD so if a 4 way split is possible that is only 12.50 each a month?  I honestly don't know if it's possible just heard of guys doing it.

Edited by Jayph

24 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Welcome to the wonderful world of Ionospheric radio propagation.

4 hours ago, gcn11 said:

I can pick up CJOB at my cabin in Paint Lake, just south of Thompson, that's 7 hours North of Winnipeg. You're telling me you can't get CJOB 2 hours out? Odd.

I lived in Thompson for a little over a year in 1989-90.  I was an Independent Adjuster for Kernaghan Adjusters. I  handled claims all over Northern Manitoba based out of Thompson. Went fishing a couple of times on Paint Lake. I remember there used to be a really nice restaurant close to the dock on the lake but can't remember its name.

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I lived in Thompson for a little over a year in 1989-90.  I was an Independent Adjuster for Kernaghan Adjusters. I  handled claims all over Northern Manitoba based out of Thompson. Went fishing a couple of times on Paint Lake. I remember there used to be a really nice restaurant close to the dock on the lake but can't remember its name.

The marina. Still there..still good.

8 hours ago, Jayph said:

Don't know how it would work for you but I have heard guys will get together with fellow cabin neighbours and grab satellite's and receivers and each take one for the lake then split the bill to make it easier to swallow for how little a person is usually at the lake or watching tv at the lake?  My old basic package was only $50 a month and that included TSN HD so if a 4 way split is possible that is only 12.50 each a month?  I honestly don't know if it's possible just heard of guys doing it.

Used to be commonplace...now it is tougher. If you have satellite at your house you can take your receiver to the lake.