Free Agent Frenzy

Floyd

If the Bombers just walked away from Roosevelt, it suggests to me that they believe that there is a better option that is available or is becoming available.  Walters has said that they need to upgrade the receiver spot so it's not like he's suddenly decided that everything has magically improved.  Also, for the more panicky among us, it's February right now.  June is a few months away still.

16 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I'm a little disappointed this free agency so far to be honest.

Agreed. If we would have missed out on Jefferson it would have been a complete disaster. We were led to believe the Bombers were a team players wanted to play for. Thanks but no thanks from a lot of guys. Money talks I suppose. Disappointing.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

You negative types should keep in mind that the signings prior to Feb 12 count, too......."a complete disaster" is not possible when you signed Adam Bighill to a multi year extension...

extended alexander, bighill, bryant, hardrick, jeffcoat, medlock.   If we signed those calibre of player in free agency people would be building a shrine to walters

4 minutes ago, brett_c_b said:

extended alexander, bighill, bryant, hardrick, jeffcoat, medlock.   If we signed those calibre of player in free agency people would be building a shrine to walters

You could make the case that getting those guys to avoid testing FA is a testament to Walters work.......

And you have to look at throwing your SMS out of whack with a 250..280k who is not a QB 

Prudent g.m work perhaps..and there are still options out there...and trust me..ones you aren't even aware of..think back to out of blue opo signing 

A Mathews..Sinkfield ..Tolliver..healthy Arveneaux would help us immensely.. not like our offence was chopped liver and all skill guys are basically back again

I’ve been excited in past years when we signed our share (and more) of free agents. - It didn’t work out. 

I’m more patient now.

I’m dazzled by the Red Carpet treatment by a number of teams and even tempted to be a bit envious.

BUT

When I look at our roster, and see all the key re-signings that we’ve inked, and the couple of additions that we have made, I realize we didn’t need those more expensive options. We’re close. 

Question marks remain, but you really didn’t want all the fun in one day, did you?

20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

You negative types should keep in mind that the signings prior to Feb 12 count, too......."a complete disaster" is not possible when you signed Adam Bighill to a multi year extension...

Last time i looked Biggie was on the other side of the ball. We need better personnel around Nichols and so far this FA round has not added at all to our offense from last year...not negative just a fact.

Yeah we were pretty solid all around...plus we will have good money to toss at those second level guys to fill out the roster..the ones who help you be successful...when other teams will be not as flexable financially.

There are some good names still out there..and they know money is gonna be tight at a lot of places now.

I wouldn't be opposed to signing Filer now..and let best of Couture/Gray/Speller/draft pick battle it out for RG and 6th man and use the big ticket receiver money to land starter caliber.. or rotational depth nationals for defense..

A lot of the veteran FA receivers we've signed have not worked out real great for us ... Bowman and Stafford were busts, Smith didn't ever get in a groove, Moore couldn't stay on the field and wasn't really the #1 receiver we needed him to be ...  Demski, Dressler, and Adams are the only guys I'd put down as complete wins, and Dressler and Adams have had their own injury struggles.

Edited by johnzo