Free Agent Frenzy

Floyd

14 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yes, there is no communicating between agents/gms/coaches of multiple leagues/scouts etc etc etc. There was no way of knowing Biggy was looking at a return to the CFL, in the same way there is no way of knowing which former CFL rec are on the cuff of looking at a return to the CFL....it's impossible and entirely based on luck and luck alone.

It's not entirely luck. We know SOME will return but what about the timing and who? Bighill was released on May 15. 

I tend to think we'll eventually end up signing Ackie. One of Matthews/Toliver would be nice in the interim. Have zero interest in cry baby Hazelton.

But I think our coup still ends up being whichever one of Duke/Zyl/Mitchell comes back. I don't even know which guy I'd want most, they're all insanely talented receivers.

Diontae Spencer could happen too.

How did Terrell Sinkfield do last year?

14 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

The team has signed international offensive lineman Kendall Calhoun and international defensive back Malik Reaves.

http://ow.ly/JsxN30nIDH9

Calhoun is an odd duck. Has played very very little football.Listed as playing 1 year for the bearcats, but their site says he played the opener of that season then not again. And played 1 full? year at Kentucky state d2, but turned that into time with 2 nfl teams. Reminds me of MBT, must be a physical specimen. We sure tend to dig up some interesting guys, and dig deep. 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

5 years ago. 

2700+ yards 19 tds and 800+ YAC in 2016/2017 (combined) with some of the worst OCing and Qbing in the last couple years. Half a season last year and still wouldve put up darvin adams numbers in a full season. Yeah, id take him today hands down. 

Edited by wbbfan

50 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

2700+ yards 19 tds and 800+ YAC in 2016/2017 (combined) with some of the worst OCing and Qbing in the last couple years. Half a season last year and still wouldve put up darvin adams numbers in a full season. Yeah, id take him today hands down. 

And last year he was 9 games for 553 yrds and 1 TD. I think the point most are making is its risky taking a guy coming off a knee injury like that and expecting 2016/2017 #s

Edited by Bomber_fanaddict

1 minute ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

And last year he was 9 games for 553 yrds and 1 TD. I think the point most are making is its risky taking a guy coming off a knee injury like that and expecting 2016/2017 #s

But in a terrible offensive system and with a lousy qb. Still put up darvin adams level numbers in half a season. 

Oh I wouldnt pay him serious money by any means but he is worth a shot. Low risk high reward type of move. 

1 hour ago, voodoochylde said:

I only wish Khari could have bounced back from the hits like Reilly seems to have .. we might not have wandered the wastelands for as long as we did if he'd stayed healthy.

Or if they had taken the current regime's approach to building an OL

I love their approach of not throwing the young Canadians to the 'wolves.'  They started an American inside until they knew they could replace him.