Free Agent Frenzy

Floyd

50 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Why his talent isn't a question. It's only his health.

I also like Sinkfeld if he's still available.

Too old, injury prone, and coming off a big injury. Been there done that. I would have liked someone who can continue to build their career here, like Adams has.

Saying that, I'm not disappointed in FA. I think the bombers have the guys in house that can fill some of the holes. Was just hoping they'd be able to lure in one of the top WRs. 

CfL going crazy again...over 700k for Qbs and close to 300k for rec...last time i looked league revenue is not shooting through the roof...what gives? If the CFL is healthy great i have no problem with these guys getting paid but with fewer butts in the seats and tv viewership down last year this is a headscratcher...except i have seen in too many times in the CFL. Is Walters the only prudent GM left ? Or did he miss that the salary cap is going up?

9 hours ago, Floyd said:

I have this dream where we give a receiving prospect like a full season to emerge instead of 3 games before cutting him...

...cutting him so Lankford can get back in the lineup

You can sleep easy since Lankford was signed by the RedBlacks.

19 minutes ago, pigseye said:

The CFL has always been an arms race, you don't build a championship team, you have to buy it. 

Bull. It’s through scouting, and drafting. You can add, heck a free agent signing may even put you over the top but you do not build through free agency. 

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Toronto.. 18 wins In the past theee seasons, one playoff appearance. 

Winnipeg.. 33 wins in the past three seasons, three playoff appearances. 

Whatever you say Darrin!

I've been a vocal critic of Darrin but I'm coming around. He's certainly getting better scoops. 

But, he comes out with this ridiculous rationale. He was pumping the Edmonton tires. And he's always trying to sell some sort of idea. He still has a long way to go.