Free Agent Frenzy

Floyd

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Hodge saying that Roosevelt was our best option......ummmmmmm NO...He was an option not necessarily the best one....Now Walters better go out and prove Hodge wrong....Mathews please

It's not hard to prove Hodge wrong.  This is the guy who said the Bombers had no cap space just before they signed Jefferson & offered a big money deal to Ellingson. 

I would have considered him our last option..so seeing as we have really not spent any big money in free-agency other than Jefferson who was just over 200k...we obviously have money

We had money set aside we would have used on Chungh...elite receiver..and shed salaries....no excuse not to use it to nail down Mathews....if he wants to play up here that is and if he is waitig for NFL work still..then nothing w can do

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

I don't buy it. Burnham never even made it to fa, Harris got paid the same amount that we offered to stay with the qb he's had his success with, and TO outbid us for Walker.

Have we gone after any high profile receivers in prior free agencies?

That's the thing, REC has been an issue since Ryan smith retired/Moore moved on. Could argue even before then. However, the bombers haven't signed a top WR since Nichols took over. Sure Dressler and Bowman, but I'd argue they were both past their prime before coming here. Now how many have they targeted is anyones guess. But it's been a problem for multiple years and it hasn't been addressed. 

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

That would make absolutely zero sense. Why would they take a shut down RT and move him inside? I think tait is out to lunch on that. I can see Foketi going to RG.

You are 100% correct in that I misspoke........FOKETI to start at RG is what Tait said. SORRY EDDIE!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Per sources, talks between Naaman Roosevelt and the #Bombers had slowed recently, with Winnipeg wanting a different type of receiver. Roosevelt would have signed, in and around the 150-160k mark, and likely took less in Regina.

Would have been solid at the price...but I do agree. The bombers need a player who can take the top off the D and or make the possession grabs without missing 6-8 games a year. So I can't say I'm too upset about missing out on him.

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Would have been solid at the price...but I do agree. The bombers need a player who can take the top off the D and or make the possession grabs without missing 6-8 games a year. So I can't say I'm too upset about missing out on him.

which is good to hear...and leads to believe we were targeting the big bodied type who can win the battles...or like you say go deep...ala Mathews seeing as we missed on Posey and Walker....As I see it Thompkins would offer same as Roosevalt...for cheaper...and 2 years younger

With Naaman Roosevelt off the board I see the #Bombers pursuing a few more receivers. Manny Arceneaux, Vidal Hazelton and Chris Matthews are names I've been hearing. Matthews might think he'll get another NFL shot, so it could be a bit before he turns back to the #CFL. #wfp

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Per sources, talks between Naaman Roosevelt and the #Bombers had slowed recently, with Winnipeg wanting a different type of receiver. Roosevelt would have signed, in and around the 150-160k mark, and likely took less in Regina.

Well, that's interesting. Could have had him but walked away. I really hope we get the type of receiver we want then.