Free Agent Frenzy

Floyd

10 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I would be shocked if Washington ever amounts to anything. Happy to be proven wrong, but in the games he got into he looked like another L’Damian Washington to me. 

Still young. Was it Jorden or Daniels of the Stamps who sat on their practice squad for a year or two. Didn't really do anything and then boom. Had a break out year. Some guys just need time to get used to the game up here and mature a bit. Hopefully Washington is one of them.

Per sources, the #Bombers offered Greg Ellingson the same amount of money as the Esks -- $250K per season -- and were preparing to spend a bit less on Bryan Burnham had he hit the open market. Walker was offered over 280K by Toronto, which hes likely to sign. WR Pool is thinning

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Per sources, the #Bombers offered Greg Ellingson the same amount of money as the Esks -- $250K per season -- and were preparing to spend a bit less on Bryan Burnham had he hit the open market. Walker was offered over 280K by Toronto, which hes likely to sign. WR Pool is thinning

Harris convinced him to go to Edmonton. That's something Walters can't control.

24 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Wow, color me surprised. Didn't think Walters would throw that kind of money around for a WR.

6 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I've mentioned this to a few friends of mine. But I'm starting to honestly think a lot of the top tier rec in this league may not like the idea of playing in a Nichols lead Offence.

Maybe, but I bet it has more to do with Walters not willing to pay Walker $280k, Posey $200k, etc. 

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I've mentioned this to a few friends of mine. But I'm starting to honestly think a lot of the top tier rec in this league may not like the idea of playing in a Nichols lead Offence.

Well, it's like a run first offense with Harris. But if a guy like DeVier Posey thinks going to Montreal & that **** show offense is best for his career then more power to him.

11 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I don't buy it. Burnham never even made it to fa, Harris got paid the same amount that we offered to stay with the qb he's had his success with, and TO outbid us for Walker.

Have we gone after any high profile receivers in prior free agencies?

44 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Funny, Walters commented in his pre-F.A. press-conference rather negatively I thought about the trend of the top-tier players getting all of the extra cash while the rest play for min. contracts and yet here he is trying his damnedest to create that situation on his own club.  

35 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

As much as I like crapping on Nichols,  do you really think a receiver wants to play for Johnny Football in that terrible Montreal offense?   

I'm assuming Posey went because of the city and because of the extra money....  I highly doubt anyone is not signing in Winnipeg because of our QB.    Plus Streveler will be our guy in 2020 so who would not want to play in our O when he's our starter???

Still no top tier receiver and it's getting a little frustrating seemingly unable to add that piece....It's fine saying what we have a player already that can do the job of really stretching the field...sorry didn't see that last year...I don't know what the situation is with Mathews...he has played here before but if he's exhausting all of his nfl options it's understandable... Have we even tried to contact him??Roosevelt is a nice possession type receiver but I don't see him as a guy who stretches the field...We need that player and if we're unsuccessful and run with what we have I'll consider that a fail....Hoping all of the newbie receivers we've just inked are going to be that guy....hmmmmm...not a lot of comfort zone in that either........As for the price tag for Walker....I'm glad we walked on Derel....Looks like he's only in it for the big payday and little else

Edited by Stickem

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

ok so we've got Logan Couture at center....fair enough.  Hope that Geoff Gray is good enough to start.  It really sucks that Goosen retired, I was looking forward to him pushing guys down the field again like in the WSF.

Tait said Hardrick starting at RG...