Free Agent Frenzy

Floyd

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Pretty sure now that he is off board u will see us announce a Roosevalt..a Rhymes or possibly Mathews..and I will be fine with that to he honest

Sask wants Roosevelt back but i honestly think he's the kind of guy who may want to switch teams to try and re-ignite his career.

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

Walker would've been a nice addition... but realistically for 280K you can probably get 2 good receivers... I guess he figured the playoff money would be easier... 5 wins gets you second place in the east and it'll probably take 12 in the west...

I still think playoffs easier in the West for the bombers than playoffs in the east for Toronto..  Hamilton and Ottawa are locks and after that it will be a crossover again.

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Pretty sure now that he is off board u will see us announce a Roosevalt..a Rhymes or possibly Mathews..and I will be fine with that to he honest

Is Mathews still as good as he was? I could be wrong but he really didn't stand out a whole 5on after he came back from the nfl. I'd still take Roosevelt first and then Mathews.

Just now, JCon said:

I'm curious, why do you think Ottawa is a lock? At this point, IMO, it's a coin-flip with Toronto. 

Ottawa is a very well run organization and with good coaching.  Jennings isn't that bad.  I just see Toronto as a gong show at this point. Ottawa has a history now of replacing the previous QB and continuing to win.  They still have a lot of talent.  Good receivers and a good offensive line.  If Toronto couldn't get it done with Trestman as their coach how is hiring Chamblin going to improve their offense?

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Didn't stand out? He was one of CGY best rec down the stretch.

Sorry,I didn't pay a whole ton of attention to Calgary,I stand corrected. But wasnt a whole pile of calgary's starting receivers hurt during mid-late season thus making him their best receiver?

Edited by Nolby

Just now, Colin Unger said:

Ottawa is a very well run organization and with good coaching.  Jennings isn't that bad.  I just see Toronto as a gong show at this point. Ottawa has a history now of replacing the previous QB and continuing to win.  They still have a lot of talent.  Good receivers and a good offensive line.  If Toronto couldn't get it done with Trestman as their coach how is hiring Chamblin going to improve their offense?

As bad as Jennings was in BC, he at least had some receivers. In Ottawa, he will be even worse. Beyond Sinopili, they have the worst receivers in the league. 

1 minute ago, AKAChip said:

As bad as Jennings was in BC, he at least had some receivers. In Ottawa, he will be even worse. Beyond Sinopili, they have the worst receivers in the league. 

They will be fine with Holley, RJ Harris, and Sinopoli.  They are the type of organization that can find replacements.  The problem in BC was that they had a horrible offensive line and lacked top tier offensive coaching.  

8 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I see what You're saying...but Ottawa went from a HOF QB to a guy who proved he could play in the CFL, with one of the best recieving groups the CFL has ever seen, and an Oline that had one of the Best LT helping to protect. They no longer have any of that. I think it will be a race to the bottom for every east team outside of Hamilton.

Edited by Bigblue204

2 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

They will be fine with Holley, RJ Harris, and Sinopoli.  They are the type of organization that can find replacements.  The problem in BC was that they had a horrible offensive line and lacked top tier offensive coaching.  

Well Ottawa also lost their best offensive lineman. They are very bad. 

3 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

That's not true. They are they type of organization that signs big FA. That's how they have found basically all the talent you talked about.