Free Agent Frenzy

Floyd

9 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Toronto did everything short of putting a gun to his head to get him to sign before he left town. My guess is Toronto is off the board for Walker.

Dunk seems to think the opposite. Apparently he had other visits scheduled and postponed them according to Dunk.

https://3downnation.com/2019/02/14/derel-walker-leaves-toronto-without-signing-deal-with-the-argos/

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Dunk seems to think the opposite. Apparently he had other visits scheduled and postponed them according to Dunk.

https://3downnation.com/2019/02/14/derel-walker-leaves-toronto-without-signing-deal-with-the-argos/

Could just be an assumption by Dunk. I have not heard of him having other visits, particularly to Winnipeg. We would have heard something about that.

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

but really...other than the uncertainty of facilities..actually lack thereof in terms of practice etc. in T.O...What does he really have to see in other cities?...he knows whats what...

Yeah, I'm not sure the Bombers love the dog-and-pony show but do it to appease the FA. Toronto probably pressed Walker to come to try the hard sell. 

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I don’t think we’ll sign anyone else

not sure why we don’t want Nevis 

I think we bring in a 2nd tier receiver and possibly Ackie.

I agree on Nevis. He had a solid year. No reason not to bring him back unless he's asking for the world.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

I think we bring in a 2nd tier receiver and possibly get Ackie.

I agree on Nevis. He had a solid year. No reason not to bring him back unless he's asking for the world.

I think we will re-sign him. Probably a drawer contract with a offer on it, He probably wanted to see what he could get on the FM- will come back and sign when he sees Walters' offer is a fair one.

Just now, BBlink said:

If we don't sign someone as good or better than Dressler then I don't see how our passing game can improve.

Matthews would be better. So would Arceneaux & Roosevelt, imo.

If I was running the show, I'd pass on Walker and sign Matthews for prob $100k less. Use the extra money to make a run at Ackie.

Dunk saying that Walker had previous rapport with Franklin???couldn't have been much and didn't Nichols also have familiarity with Derel....I think Dunk is wrong on this one and Walker has come to the conclusion that Wpg. is a far better landing spot and has thrown a monkey wrench into his decision ...His loss ...even if he signs in T.O. for more....No loss for us either as there's other fish in the sea and we'll land one of them...Hello Mathews or Roosevelt

8 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Dunk saying that Walker had previous rapport with Franklin???couldn't have been much and didn't Nichols also have familiarity with Derel....I think Dunk is wrong on this one and Walker has come to the conclusion that Wpg. is a far better landing spot and has thrown a monkey wrench into his decision ...His loss ...even if he signs in T.O. for more....No loss for us either as there's other fish in the sea and we'll land one of them...Hello Mathews or Roosevelt

I agree.  Obviously the fact that Toronto is a gong show and Franklin hasn’t performed as a starter would factor in. I imagine that Toronto is offering the most money and the only reason he’s considering it. 

Hearing that WR Derel Walker has agreed to join the @TorontoArgos. #argos #CFL

— David William Naylor (@TSNDaveNaylor) February 14, 2019

Per sources, Derel Walker left Toronto with an offer of more than $280K. Plenty of interest still out there, but it's hard to think any other teams - WPG and SSK -- will be able to meet that price. Some believe it's only a matter of time before he accepts Argos deal.

— Jeff Hamilton (@jeffkhamilton) February 14, 2019

That's a whole lot of money. 

Edited by JCon