Free Agent Frenzy

Floyd

1 minute ago, Zontar said:

Argos ever get a QB they might be ok

I disagree. Sutton is 32 with his best days WAY behind him. Lemon is fine, I guess but he's in the Odell Willis mold of overrated and extremely one-dimensional as a defensive lineman. Fogg is pretty bad, Timmis is not a difference maker and Rainey's days are numbered too. This is a team that one three games last year. They are extremely not good.

49 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I disagree. Sutton is 32 with his best days WAY behind him. Lemon is fine, I guess but he's in the Odell Willis mold of overrated and extremely one-dimensional as a defensive lineman. Fogg is pretty bad, Timmis is not a difference maker and Rainey's days are numbered too. This is a team that one three games last year. They are extremely not good.

Fogg is all you want from a DB nowadays, turns the ball over.  Interesting to see the DB market this year, everyone getting paid but them.  I like that the Bombers shifted the money to pass rush and away from the secondary.  Anyone who can cover is just going to draw endless flags.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

If Carter only focuses on how to be a consistent elite receiver in the CFL and he develops some chemistry with Mike Reilly . . . 

That's a massive IF. Many teams have thrown the dice on that IF and lost. If BC starts losing and Burnham + Durant are getting more looks.....Could get ugly quick.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Fogg is all you want from a DB nowadays, turns the ball over.  Interesting to see the DB market this year, everyone getting paid but them.  I like that the Bombers shifted the money to pass rush and away from the secondary.  Anyone who can cover is just going to draw endless flags.

This is kind of a strange comment, I feel like the CFL got better last year in terms of penalizing DB's compared to 2017.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The truth in this statement makes me soo sad. 

10 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Lulay, scrambles from the pocket, his receiver Watson with a great block on the linebacker coming in on the blitz.. he sees Dressler!!! FIRST DOWN Riders! No this isn’t 2009 it’s 2019 😂

Dressler played his ass off for us & LaPo put him in situations where he got hurt like running fly sweeps. The guy was a baller for us every game. I'll never have anything negative to say about Weston.

21 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Dressler played his ass off for us & LaPo put him in situations where he got hurt like running fly sweeps. The guy was a baller for us every game. I'll never have anything negative to say about Weston.

Nope! We were always a much better team with Dressler in our lineup. One of the key players that started the turn around of the culture change in Winnipeg. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I love Dressler. I would still like to have him back as our third import reciever on an incentive laden or team friendly deal. 

1 hour ago, Blueandgold said:

I love Dressler. I would still like to have him back as our third import reciever on an incentive laden or team friendly deal. 

I think Walters still plans to bring Dressler back, if he had no intention of doing so I think he would have released him well before F.A. opened out of courtesy, as he he did for Leggett, Randle and Wild and issued a statement at the same time thanking him for his service to the team, creating closure.  Dressler deserves to be treated with class and I don't see this organization forgetting to do that. 

A possibility is that they may have already come to an agreement but are just holding back to announce his retirement and the launch of his entry into coaching.  I would happily take him back for another year as either player or coach.

Gatekeepers on Riderfans can't spin enough people happy so they're playing the safe, sober and fiscally responsible angle...a la Frank Grimes...as predicted.

Compared to BC and EDMs approach its like the celibate, designated driver at a Playboy Mansion kegger bbq still trying to act cool.

Edited by Zontar