Free Agent Frenzy

Floyd

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

@saraorlesky After playing in BC last season, sounds like WR Cory Watson could be headed to the #Riders. Watson spent the first 8 years of his career playing in Wpg and Edmonton. #CFL

Signing a top end rb and a really good blocking reciever, it looks like they're going all in on their running game. Probably a smart decision, given their current situation at receiver and qb.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Jonesy leaving town has absolutely destroyed the Riders' 2019 aspirations... And perhaps longer.

I'll always maintain that Coach Jones did a pretty freaking amazing job in 2018, squeezing twelve wins out of a 4-5 win roster. If he'd won COTY, I wouldn't have complained.  But Jones the GM, hoo boy, he took a dump in the seed corn and then set it on fire.  They're gonna be digging out there for awhile.

Edited by johnzo

4 minutes ago, johnzo said:

I'll always maintain that Coach Jones did a pretty freaking amazing job in 2018, squeezing twelve wins out of a 4-5 win roster. If he'd won COTY, I wouldnt've have complained.  But Jones the GM, hoo boy, he took a dump in the seed corn and then set it on fire.  They're gonna be digging out there for awhile.

He did win COTY. He's an excellent defensive coach. It's his roster management skills that are absolute trash. And now O'Day gets the privilege of cleaning up that mess.

22 minutes ago, johnzo said:

hah! I'm getting too old, all the seasons are blending into each other. appreciate the gentle correction bg84.

At least the Stampeders didn't win the cup last year. Can't stand to see Dickenson win anything, that guy's not a gracious winner I hear.

Of course. And in your defense, it had to do with the dumpster fire a province over. It's easy to overlook/forget/laugh at - perhaps in that order.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Lulay and Glenn are way done,  Collaros is sadly their only hope. 

People keeping writing off Lulay. He has shown he can still perform at a high level. Obviously his health is an issue but as far as anyone knows he is not way done as you put it. Even with Glenn, having a full year of rest with the Eskies would suggest he is not way done either.

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

People keeping writing off Lulay. He has shown he can still perform at a high level. Obviously his health is an issue but as far as anyone knows he is not way done as you put it. Even with Glenn, having a full year of rest with the Eskies would suggest he is not way done either.

Count me as someone who has written Lulay off. 

Another thing to consider is Walker is more of a big play deep threat receiver. That's not Nichols' strength at all and our offense is built around the short passing game/running game. Might not be a good fit. I think I'd rather get a guy like Roosevelt who is more of a slot receiver and can make the contested catches in traffic.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Another thing to consider is Walker is more of a big play deep threat receiver. That's not Nichols' strength at all and our offense is built around the short passing game/running game. Might not be a good fit. I think I'd rather get a guy like Roosevelt who is more of a slot receiver and can make the contested catches in traffic.

Maybe thats because we don't have deep threat receivers??

9 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I don't see Walker fitting here at all...  same deal as Bowman almost...  they need lots of deep targets - this is not Lapo's style