Free Agent Frenzy

Floyd

6 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

I'm surprised I'm saying this, but I kind of feel bad for the Riders. 

Wallowing around without a QB for years is exactly what made us unwatchable all those years and that's exactly where they are right now. They're truly truly f^#*@d 

You all are being way too harsh. After all, when God is with the Riders, who can doubt their success?

So Popp says they outbid the Stamps by as much as 500k over 4 years (for BLM) but he chose to stay home. What this tells me, is that Toronto was the other team and not the Riders... They were never a serious consideration for BLM. 

Edited by Noeller

Thing is...The Riders will be in this hole now for several years as all the quality starters are locked up...so unless they can un-earth a real gem (won't happen) they have to trade for a second teir guys and most likely have to give up something significant for it, as why would a team help you out for nothing?

They can spin things any way they want out there, but they have had to settle since Joes left for their coaches, and now QB and possible lose other key guys..I can't see Roosevalt wanting to re-up there to get set up to be pummeled like last year from poor QB play, and I wouldn't be shocked to see Tobi Anighua leave and follow his buddy here, or head up to CGY

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

So Popp says they outbid the Stamps by as much as 500k over 4 years (for BLM) but he chose to stay home. What this tells me, is that Toronto was the other team and not the Riders... They were never a serious consideration for BLM. 

What it tells me is that Huff set up a major off the books bonus for BLM

35 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Jonesy leaving town has absolutely destroyed the Riders' 2019 aspirations... And perhaps longer.

No, no, no, not the old plan, that one sucked.  Do not doubt the new plan, the O'Day - Dickerson plan, it's the best plan ever.  They're going to ride the Collaros train all the way to the unemployment line Grey Cup!

#Argos showing star receiver Derel Walker around BMO Field facilities and #Toronto Wednesday, taking him to the #Raptors game at night https://t.co/59i8n8TiH2 #DoubleBlue #ArgosFootball #RTZ #WeTheNorth #Edmonton #Eskimos #CFL pic.twitter.com/KDpGvmlkBf

— Justin Dunk (@JDunk12) February 13, 2019

If he sits near the court, according to the TBurg scale of interest, they may pull ahead in the Walker "sweepstakes".