Free Agent Frenzy

Floyd

8 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

From my rough math they have 5 guys taking up around 50% of their cap, maybe more (Reilly, Chung, Elimimian, Burnham, Durant), Crazy. And I didn't even mention Grimes....

The Cap is over $5 million is it not...something like $5.2 - $5.5 million?  Those 5 guys make about $1.5 million.

I can see Elimimian shaking loose as a casualty or possibly having his salary renegotiated.

Cap has yet to be determined.  With the cap on coaching, I wouldn't be surprised if the cap is increased by a few hundred thousand.

1 minute ago, blueandgoldguy said:

ShThe Cap is over $5 million is it not...something like $5.2 - $5.5 million?  Those 5 guys make about $1.5 million.

I can see Elimimian shaking loose as a casualty or possibly having his salary renegotiated.

Cap has yet to be determined.  With the cap on coaching, I wouldn't be surprised if the cap is increased by a few hundred thousand.

Youre right, I had a different number in my head. My bad. Still a **** ton for half a dozen guys.

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

Weird how the people losing their mind over us losing 4 NI starters don't seem to be amped about the Demski re-signing...

I really like how demski evolved in our offense. He needs to work on ball security but he is a great guy to have around. I think the general lack of caring is a combination of confidence in our other young NI wrs, and the expectation that we were going to get a top flight imp wr. 

Demski needs to be more like Harris and run through people more often instead of trying to run around them all the time. He does that he'll be a great player in this league. He keeps trying to outrun everyone all the time he will always leave you wanting a bit more. Good player, but needs to toughen up to be a great player. 

The thing about derel walker is, how many games will he play? He averages about 12 games a year. If you give him mega bucks, and he misses 6 games you can recoup a bunch of money from IR. If he plays the whole year he is probably going to be a top 3 wr in the league. 

At this point, I think we need to be playing to win now. If we dont sign a guy like walker, or 2 of the next tier lower guys cheap, we need to trade for a wr on that level of play. 

1 minute ago, Eternal optimist said:

If that was me I'd go with neither .... Jennings is a turnover machine and I doubt Ray would consider playing again without some serious coin. Try and find a diamond in the rough I guess?

If I was them, id sell the farm to try n get streveler from us. 

I think ray calls it a career. 

Lots of talented receivers still on the market,  most of them a risk because of coming off injuries.   

As long as we don't over pay for huge signing bonuses or anything  I'd be perfectly fine with Roosevelt,  Arceneaux , Sinkfield and/or of course Walker.   

I'd also like for us to sign Rob Bagg only to watch Rider fans die inside completely.