Free Agent Frenzy

Floyd

Don't forget Charles Nelson.

The 5-foot-8 senior is one of the most explosive players you will witness in college football. No matter the position, Nelson will emerge as a star. Charles Nelson will lead Oregon in receiving with 91 catches for 1,244 receiving yards and eight touchdowns in 2017. Not to mention, he will return a kick and a punt for a score; 10 TD’s in total. Nelson will be named one of the best wide receivers in the country, alongside securing a 1st Team spot for the Pac-12 Conference. It will elevate his draft stock, drawing comparisons to the Kansas City ChiefsTyreek Hill.

might well have a chip on his shoulder.

Edited by Mark F

21 minutes ago, johnzo said:

If both Matthews and Adams are healthy, where do you line them up?  Put em both at wideout, move one to the slot?

Id split em up on opposite sides, matthews at slot adams at wr. Let them stretch the field vertically and let matthews pull the sam away from the box. 

Chris williams skill set would be amazing in plops system. If we could get two low risk hi reward types, like williams, matthews, roosevelt, arceneaux etc thatd be a win in my books. Also leaves us the flexibility to cut one or both of those guys or others to bring in an NFL camp cut like duke williams should he shake loose. 

Just now, Floyd said:

$250k for Chungh??  That's nuts.

$700K+ for Reilly, 250k Chungh, 220 Elim, 200 Burnham, Lee prob 170, Grymes 150, Durant 150...  this is almost half the cap

Maybe they're intentionally going to go over the cap.

Honestly, I would not be opposed to having the Bombers exceed it for once with full intentions of trying to buy a cup

Edited by Dr Zaius

4 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Honestly, I would not be opposed to having the Bombers exceed it for once with full intentions of trying to buy a cup

Agree, but I think the time to do that comes much later. If another bighill type of nfl cut comes available, then go over. I wouldnt do it any earlier then that. Still need flexibility in camp and the season. 

7 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Why? Just cuz u pay a ton doesn't mean you win.. It seems every off season ppl see FA signings and then proclaim these teams cup winners but if that was the case the riders and their 200 man practice squad would be cup champs

Just now, Goalie said:

Why? Just cuz u pay a ton doesn't mean you win.. It seems every off season ppl see FA signings and then proclaim these teams cup winners but if that was the case the riders and their 200 man practice squad would be cup champs

That's a false equivalency though. That has no bearing on the cap.

Also overpaying and loading up with premium talent isn't the same as having a million bubble guys hoping to find the diamonds in the rough. 

I'm not saying it would work, but considering it's a soft-cap league I personally wouldn't mind seeing them be aggressive and going for it all with some overpayments for once.

Edited by Dr Zaius