Free Agent Frenzy

Floyd

14 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Is there any other receivers out there besides Derrel Walker....could we....should we...c'mon Kyle

Walters crapped the bed on receivers. I can’t see Winnipeg competing in the West without greatly improving their receivers and special teams returners.

Of the big 3 "name" receivers (Chris Williams, Derel Walker, Namaan Roosevelt) still out there, each has his drawbacks, but I see the best upside with Walker. Has been beat up the last 2 years, so injury risk is there, but he is head and shoulders above the other 2 IMO. Williams is 3 years removed from his last impact year, even his return numbers are down, but if we are in need of a return threat he might fit the bill if cheap enough. Roosevelt I don't mind taking a chance on, again if he comes cheaper than the other 2. All depends on how he has recovered.

Any chance Chris Rainey could be converted from RB to receiver? With all of the Lions signings and Jeremiah Johnson and Tyrell Sutton there now (although both of them unsigned too) he would seem to be in need of a home, and he would give us a threat at kick returner we haven't had in a long time.

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Of the big 3 "name" receivers (Chris Williams, Derel Walker, Namaan Roosevelt) still out there, each has his drawbacks, but I see the best upside with Walker. Has been beat up the last 2 years, so injury risk is there, but he is head and shoulders above the other 2 IMO. Williams is 3 years removed from his last impact year, even his return numbers are down, but if we are in need of a return threat he might fit the bill if cheap enough. Roosevelt I don't mind taking a chance on, again if he comes cheaper than the other 2. All depends on how he has recovered.

Any chance Chris Rainey could be converted from RB to receiver? With all of the Lions signings and Jeremiah Johnson and Tyrell Sutton there now (although both of them unsigned too) he would seem to be in need of a home, and he would give us a threat at kick returner we haven't had in a long time.

I'd be disappointed if a team about "character" guys gave money to Rainey.  But I'm prob in the minority there.  Kareem Hunt is back in the NFL after all...

In terms of value signings...

Courtney Stephen and Terrell Sinkfield would help this team

I'd still give a bonus laden contract to Namaan Roosevelt...  I don't think he's finished at all...  or maybe Manny...

Bond - I'd still take him over Foketi in a heartbeat

And of course Nevis...

Lots of talent still out there