Free Agent Frenzy

Floyd

1 minute ago, JCon said:

People are seriously overreacting to Edmonton's signings. Geez, they lose the best QB, 2 better RECs and all-of-sudden they're better than the Bombers? I don't think so. 

After crapping the bed last season, they had to make some big moves. They're spending a lot but I have to think it comes at a cost: depth.

1 minute ago, Blueandgold said:

Is the West getting strong? The Riders have no QB, Edmonton (a non playoff team) made sideways moves, and probably got a little worse and Calgary could potentially lose BLM to the Argos.

BC is better and Edmonton is not worse. I also think the Bombers will be better (more consistent). Riders are the only team getting worse. 

Ottawa is worse, Montreal can't go down. Argos? Ticats are probably a bit better. 

Ottawa is a disaster ,  maybe they can sign Burris out of retirement? 

I'm not to worried about losing Chungh and Goosen,  as I said in the other thread Foketi was looked at as a guy who could start on any team in the league so I don't think the drop off will be that significant. 

Sign us at least a Posey and two other quality guys and I'd say we are in fine shape.    I'm glad that Alexander is coming back.

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

BC is better and Edmonton is not worse. I also think the Bombers will be better (more consistent). Riders are the only team getting worse. 

Ottawa is worse, Montreal can't go down. Argos? Ticats are probably a bit better. 

How is Edmonton better? Trevor Harris is a big downgrade from Mike Reilly at the most important position, and they're also about to potentially lose Aaron Grymes. I'm not worried about the Esks.

Just now, Blueandgold said:

How is Edmonton better? Trevor Harris is a big downgrade from Mike Reilly at the most important position, and they're also about to potentially lose Aaron Grymes. I'm not worried about the Esks.

No, no, no, I'm not saying Edmonton is better. I think, maybeeee, they're not worse. 

1 minute ago, gcn11 said:

I agree. Edmonton has managed to do well today, but they started out the day way behind the 8 ball and pretty much climbed back to close to what they had last season. Still not a better team imo. Just minimized the losses today.

With Sask not making changes and losing 3-4 big pieces and the head office changes. And We have lost major pieces and replaced none so far, as much as the optimism there are still major holes on our team that will need to be corrected. I can see them moving up the ladder and never count Calgary's ability to find players out.

2 minutes ago, Engelwood said:

With Sask not making changes and losing 3-4 big pieces and the head office changes. And We have lost major pieces and replaced none so far, as much as the optimism there are still major holes on our team that will need to be corrected. I can see them moving up the ladder and never count Calgary's ability to find players out.

What major holes do we have? 

I certainly think we're not better today then how we ended the season but I don't think we have major holes. 

2 minutes ago, Engelwood said:

I think the losses we sustained will be covered well. I think we are a better team than the Eskimos.