Free Agent Frenzy

Floyd

Just now, Dr Zaius said:

With every signing all I see is Riders management sweating more and more.

They aren't going to have a snowball's chance in hell in the west division this year.

Don't worry the excusemobile is already saying it was their plan all along. tank the season and secure 1st round pick next year. 

IT'S THE PLAN!

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

How come we haven't heard anything on Loffler.....he may have to take peanuts if he wants to go to the Leos....they've just about emptied their bag

I feel like his limitations are well-known league-wide and no one wants to pony up serious money to him. 

Losing suhk sucks. Goosen had easily his best year, and improved each year. A center is more missed positionally then a guard, but its pretty close between those two. I feel like we arent likely to spend similar money and get similar production out of the FA market. Geoff gray is gonna be a monster though. 

Just now, JCon said:

Saving money for Zysltra when he shakes loose is a very savvy move from Walters. 

Might be some credence to this type of strategy. If you arent gonna be one of the top couple winners of the first stretch of FA spending, being the team that wins the most from NFL returnees might be even better. 

Early in Walters tenure, he made a lot of big splashes, securing some big names on the board. Now, he's got guys that he wants to keep and is looking for a fewer big splashes but still trying to make the team better. I hope some big signings are coming, for the right price, but we're better situated then a lot of other teams.

I expected a bit more from Saskatchewan at this point. 

It's been an interesting first few hours but teams will be shaped by what happens over the next few days. 

Even though it's not surprising, and literally no one was expecting it, is anyone kind of disappointed that there was no talk of the Bombers being in on any of the big 3 quarterbacks available? If we had Reilly or Bo Levi the last few years is there any way that the Bombers wouldn't have AT LEAST been to a Grey Cup or two??

Is it really a case of the Bombers finally finding a decent QB in Nichols (who I actually like), so they can't try to upgrade him when the opportunity is there, because if they fail then Nichols is pissed or what?

Kind of sucks that we suffer seemingly forever in between good quarterbacks, and when Edmonton loses they Reilly they replace him with someone almost as good within an hour.  And BC finally sucks for one measly season and then signs Reilly and everyone else in the league.  And we're sitting here in Winnipeg with Nichols, who is fine, but now clearly the 4th best QB in the West, assuming Mitchell ends up in Calgary (or God forbid, Sask).

Whiny rant over.

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Might be some credence to this type of strategy. If you arent gonna be one of the top couple winners of the first stretch of FA spending, being the team that wins the most from NFL returnees might be even better. 

Bighill was a spring release. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Bighill was a spring release. 

yup. 

1 minute ago, sweep the leg said:

But once Leggett showed how good he was, we moved him to a more important position.

sam isnt more important then S. Id much rather have a great coverage S, then a great coverage sam. You can hide a poorer coverage guy at either position, its just more commonly done at S. 

1 minute ago, sweep the leg said:

But once Leggett showed how good he was, we moved him to a more important position.

Exactly. regardless of how they play. No one spends big on the Safety. It's one of the easiest backfield positions to play/replace. Good luck to him. But at this point he is Ssk bound I would think.

3 minutes ago, max power said:

Even though it's not surprising, and literally no one was expecting it, is anyone kind of disappointed that there was no talk of the Bombers being in on any of the big 3 quarterbacks available? If we had Reilly or Bo Levi the last few years is there any way that the Bombers wouldn't have AT LEAST been to a Grey Cup or two??

Is it really a case of the Bombers finally finding a decent QB in Nichols (who I actually like), so they can't try to upgrade him when the opportunity is there, because if they fail then Nichols is pissed or what?

Kind of sucks that we suffer seemingly forever in between good quarterbacks, and when Edmonton loses they Reilly they replace him with someone almost as good within an hour.  And BC finally sucks for one measly season and then signs Reilly and everyone else in the league.  And we're sitting here in Winnipeg with Nichols, who is fine, but now clearly the 4th best QB in the West, assuming Mitchell ends up in Calgary (or God forbid, Sask).

Whiny rant over.

If you haven't figured out up to now it's been less about the man and more about the team. We may not have the #1 QB, but locker room and overall talent we had the skills to take the west (and the GC) last year. It was simply a matter of pooping the bed in the WF. 

If BLM goes to YYZ, I am more than excited to think we have the team to take 1st in the west.