Free Agent Frenzy

Floyd

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Daniels from CGY would be nice...as would Mathews...Eric Rogers too is available is he not along with Ellingson 

Daniels & Rogers have extensive knee injuries. Rogers was contemplating packing it in after the Grey Cup with all the knee problems he had last season. Daniels probably won't be ready to go by training camp. Both would command big bucks but they would also be big risks. 

59 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Riders' Jefferson potentially coming to Winnipeg would get my vote. For me, though,  building or rebuilding a solid O-line is the priority.

Quote from the article...

Now onto the defensive line. Willie Jefferson is the top defensive end available and he’s at the top of the Blue Bombers’ wish list. The best pass rusher in the league is set to earn a huge payday — possibly up to $225,000 per season — and Winnipeg has the cap space to pay it.

Is Jefferson REALLY at the top of the Bombers wish list? I'm dubious of this statement. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Quote from the article...

Now onto the defensive line. Willie Jefferson is the top defensive end available and he’s at the top of the Blue Bombers’ wish list. The best pass rusher in the league is set to earn a huge payday — possibly up to $225,000 per season — and Winnipeg has the cap space to pay it.

Is Jefferson REALLY at the top of the Bombers wish list? I'm dubious of this statement. 

Can’t wait for us to sign him and then have rider fans to tell us he was never really that good to begin with and an over payment! 

yup...I would pay Ackie or Lokombo or both...Or one of them and Adeleke something that would come to around 275k to 300k or so combined...and fill 2 national spots as starters on defense...pretty sure Adeleke won't garner more than 115-125k for his second deal, and I bet we can get Lokombo or Ackie for around 160-165k

Without-FAs.png

This doesn't look bad at all...  DBs are a little ?? but Walters has proven they can scout them...

REC are as good as last year even before a big name signing

7+ Canadian starters - guaranteed we are drafting a DT and OL

What happened to Spooner - did we just never bother signing him?

Need about 2 receivers, a DT and 3 DB's with CFL experience IMO to start with.  I expect they will add an experienced OL as well to compete for an interior spot or 6th role.

Assuming no moves are made involving the Bombers vets under contract, a pretty safe assumption, the Bombers have about $1.5 million in wiggle room to add in free agency, assuming signing two first round picks (likely to cost $250,000-$300,000).

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Need about 2 receivers, a DT and 3 DB's with CFL experience IMO to start with.  I expect they will add an experienced OL as well to compete for an interior spot or 6th role.

Assuming no moves are made involving the Bombers vets under contract, a pretty safe assumption, the Bombers have about $1.5 million in wiggle room to add in free agency, assuming signing two first round picks (likely to cost $250,000-$300,000).

1st rounders are up to $150k now???  I thought it was a scandal when Ekakitie got $90