Alliance of American Football

Mr Dee

On 2019-03-30 at 3:11 PM, Tracker said:

From 3downnation: Johnny Football's career goes from success to success

"Johnny Manziel has been knocked out of his second AAF game. Manziel, now the starting quarterback of the Memphis Express, took a knee to the head moments after throwing an interception against the Orlando Apollos. It would appear as though he’s suffered a concussion."

I shouldnt have, but I laughed when I heard this. $%&# that guy. 

I'm no fan. But I gotta question all the hate for him. Why? He came up here with his big ego, had his ass handed to him, and went limping home. While he was here, he got the CFL a lot of coverage, both with his on and off field antics. He helped prove that the CFL is no joke and you better be able to read a play book/conduct yourself like a pro....or you'll become a laughing stock.

It was how he went about like he was better than everyone else in the league and he proved that by first demanding a $400K paycheck to come into the CFL. And then the manner in how he left leaving his team in a bit of shock. Right or wrong, MTL paid up for him and he just **** on them. And then to tell some AAF guys that the CFL was a terrible game and he couldn't succeed in the game because it's not really football. I don't have that interview but that is what one of the AAF TV announcers described in the game that Memphis played against the Iron. It's his smug attitude toward the CFL that makes me happy to see him fail. 

26 minutes ago, Firekid said:

It was how he went about like he was better than everyone else in the league and he proved that by first demanding a $400K paycheck to come into the CFL. And then the manner in how he left leaving his team in a bit of shock. Right or wrong, MTL paid up for him and he just **** on them. And then to tell some AAF guys that the CFL was a terrible game and he couldn't succeed in the game because it's not really football. I don't have that interview but that is what one of the AAF TV announcers described in the game that Memphis played against the Iron. It's his smug attitude toward the CFL that makes me happy to see him fail. 

I can see that. But to clarify. He never mentioned the CFL wasnt real football. He just talked about how he was getting back (aaf) to football that he was familiar with. He wouldn't have to relearn the game etc.

I think overall his time here was a success more for the CFL then Manziel. Got press, lots of it. And showed (once again) the CFL is the real deal and you had better be humble, or you're gonna look foolish.

29 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I can see that. But to clarify. He never mentioned the CFL wasnt real football. He just talked about how he was getting back (aaf) to football that he was familiar with. He wouldn't have to relearn the game etc.

I think overall his time here was a success more for the CFL then Manziel. Got press, lots of it. And showed (once again) the CFL is the real deal and you had better be humble, or you're gonna look foolish.

Getting pulled twice, getting a concussion and throwing picks. Sounds like Johnny is back playing the football he knows!

did that league as well not state that they will not be signing players with criminal records/arrests...spousal abuse type stuff? basically any substantiated character flaws?...if so...he's out of that league as well

The AAF debacle and the pending one with the "new" XFL ought to be a good object lesson for the CFL board of governors. A similar disaster in the Maritimes would do a lot of damage to the CFL's image and credibility. We can only hope that there will be a thorough vetting of the proposal from the Schooners owners. There are no guarantees but as someone once said. "This has all the earmarks of an eyesore."

I’m expecting that most of the players in this league will be interested in coming to the cfl. They will have never made their whole salaries and be feeling like they want to take a chance at making money now rather then waiting another year for another start up league. Let’s neg list receivers now. Would also like to see us go after Ciante Evans.  

On 2019-03-28 at 12:07 PM, gcn11 said:

He did. The 250m was the amount he would finance if the league went 2 or 3 years and needed some help. Hard cash....he's in for about 50-60 million. When the league reaches insolvency he will get the rights to the gambling app that has a value of around 100 million and will be much higher once it is actually operational. Dundon was never buying a football league, he was buying a sports gambling app with the pesky annoyance of a football league attached to it that he would have to fold after awhile.

Exactly what's been reported today.  Well done. 

21 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Exactly what's been reported today.  Well done. 

I can't take the credit for that one. I read it in a media piece literally hours after the week 2 bail out was announced. Some dude in the States saw through the smoke really quick on that and I just regurgitated it.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

THE xfl though will follow a similar fate..maybe not as fast but I bet only one "complete" season

Probably see a flurry of signings in the CFL though in the next few days...not earth shattering ones but significant ones in a few instances...

Hopefully no qbs.  They were dreadful.