Alliance of American Football

Mr Dee

AAF announced it would start and then BAM it did. XFl announced 2020 and have been slowly promoting it since then with some coaching announcements made already. XFL could work if Vince actually does what hes been doing.. Don't rush it.. Promote it hard and go from there. 

AAF was kinda like.. We are starting a new league and then a few months later they started playing. No much promo time or hype at all. 

Watched my first AAF game (last part of the 4th Q and overtime) this past weekend between Memphis (?) and someone. Johhny Football had one series. 

My bias for the CFL game has me go Meh even though Memphis (I think it was Memphis) came back from two scores and won it in overtime.

Overtime is set up that the offense starts at the opposition's 10 yard line, can't kick a field goal and must go for the 2 point conversion. I believe they said it goes until someone wins. No ties. 

20 hours ago, Tracker said:

Maybe Diaper Donald Trump could be persuaded to step in and buy the league.

Golf course Development money came from Russians according to Don Jr so it really is a question whether Russians are as interested in Football as golf (or money laundering).

17 hours ago, Tracker said:

The league is going pretty much the way most knowledgeable pundits predicted it would- just a bit sooner. No one is going to mourn much.

I am guessing the guy who puts in 250 Million will be be a bit sad. 

Just now, Colin Unger said:

My understanding is the he committed to putting 250 in. But so far he’s put in about 60 million and they increases by 10 million power week. 

Committed up to $250M. I didn't realize that he actually put $60M in. That surprises me. Must be using that bunch of jerks money. 

I think it was a guarentee of 250 million...to help prop/sustain it if revenue wasn't keeping up...which it hasn't and he now realizes he is gonna be on the hook for at the least..the full 250 so he is getting ouuta dodge...don't care how rich a guy can be, but they didn't get that way from losing gobs of money with no real future return on the investment likely

3 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Once this league folds Winnipeg should put some of their unspent free agent bucks in Ciante Evans.  

yeah...if we add him to what we already have in the backfield...that would be as solid a unit as there is in the league...and he wouldn't break the bank so to speak either at this point

15 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Well that's a good rich guy trick. It sounded like he was putting money in. 

He did. The 250m was the amount he would finance if the league went 2 or 3 years and needed some help. Hard cash....he's in for about 50-60 million. When the league reaches insolvency he will get the rights to the gambling app that has a value of around 100 million and will be much higher once it is actually operational. Dundon was never buying a football league, he was buying a sports gambling app with the pesky annoyance of a football league attached to it that he would have to fold after awhile.

Edited by gcn11

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

Once this league folds Winnipeg should put some of their unspent free agent bucks in Ciante Evans.  

Smart move... guys gets a fair extra games in and some bucks during the off season then he can come back to the CFL.

Then he can do it all over again with the XFL next year.

30 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Smart move... guys gets a fair extra games in and some bucks during the off season then he can come back to the CFL.

Then he can do it all over again with the XFL next year.

I think there were a few guys who went to the AAF knowing they would be back in time for CFL training camp.

7 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

I can't believe so many people here thought this joke of a league was a threat to the CFL or worth watching.

Adios AAF(what kind of name is that) didn't watch you and won't miss you.

I know they haven't officially folded (March 28, 1:42 p.m. central time). 

Yea me either.. how many of these "feeder" leagues have come and gone now??

I'd be amazed if the AAFL gets to season 2.

12 hours ago, Tracker said:

I cannot help but think that this bodes poorly for the "new" XFL. The skepticism that accompanied the AAF will be transferred and probably intensified with the reincarnated XFL.

Yeah i agree 100%.  It's a repeating cycle. Some new league in the states forms and people think "this" time it will work. It fails and then everyone thinks it will never work.  Wait a few years and people forget and get suckered into thinking it might work the next time. But after all the talk about how the AAF was legit and it was run be real football people ect ect...  With this fresh in people's mind I don't see people giving the XFL much of a shot right now.

23 hours ago, gcn11 said:

He did. The 250m was the amount he would finance if the league went 2 or 3 years and needed some help. Hard cash....he's in for about 50-60 million. When the league reaches insolvency he will get the rights to the gambling app that has a value of around 100 million and will be much higher once it is actually operational. Dundon was never buying a football league, he was buying a sports gambling app with the pesky annoyance of a football league attached to it that he would have to fold after awhile.

Now that seems more like a rich guy's move. Like how George Bush II became part of a baseball ownership group so that they could develop the land around the stadium as real estate.

From 3downnation: Johnny Football's career goes from success to success

"Johnny Manziel has been knocked out of his second AAF game. Manziel, now the starting quarterback of the Memphis Express, took a knee to the head moments after throwing an interception against the Orlando Apollos. It would appear as though he’s suffered a concussion."