Alliance of American Football

Mr Dee

47 minutes ago, Booch said:

.they show games sure,

I would say that alone is  being behind it. NFL is using people like Rod Woodson,Terrell  Davis to cover the games. Gives the league credibility.

CFL fans are always excited when our league gets shown and watched in the US. 

I just can't see it being a threat to the CFL.

Edited by Mark F

3 hours ago, JCon said:

Who are we kidding? We get excited when it shows up in the background on a TV show or movie we're watching.

this is true!  Whenever there's football on in the background of a scene that's a rewind-and-frame-by-frame advance scenario for me. 

Luckily I have a patient spouse...

Edited by johnzo

Based on what we know I venture a guess that this league is both way below the margin it needs to make ends meet on operations and severely under capitalized ($$$) to start with.  Dundon said he is willing to kick in $250 million but that’s $250 million cash.  I don’t think he’s interested in watching that money go away for good.

11 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Based on what we know I venture a guess that this league is both way below the margin it needs to make ends meet on operations and severely under capitalized ($$$) to start with.  Dundon said he is willing to kick in $250 million but that’s $250 million cash.  I don’t think he’s interested in watching that money go away for good.

This league was founded on the assumption/hope that the NFL owners would help keep it afloat. Polian is a 2x loser when it comes to the business side of football.

Well, this really came out of left field...

https://www.tsn.ca/dundon-aaf-considering-discontinuing-1.1280574

League majority owner Tom Dundon told USA Today on Wednesday that a lack of cooperation from the NFLPA to allow young players to play in both leagues could cause the AAF to fold.

"If the players union is not going to give us young players, we can't be a development league," Dundon said. "We are looking at our options, one of which is discontinuing the league."

USA Today reports the AAF has hoped to use practice squad players from NFL rosters in their league, specifically quarterbacks and offensive linemen.

Dundon, who owns the NHL's Carolina Hurricanes, said he expects to make a decision in the next two days. He invested $250 million into the start-up league last month.

2 hours ago, gcn11 said:

Dundon is cutting his losses long before 250 million goes up in smoke. Plain and simple and also very wise. Create a bad guy in the narrative so that his stock holders don't question how he could make such a reckless investment in the first place.

Maybe Diaper Donald Trump could be persuaded to step in and buy the league.

It could be a bluff and it could be a last gasp effort..  The league is already losing 10 million dollars a week and that's only going to get worse once they have competition from the XFL.  Wouldn't be surprised if he cut his losses.  I don't see the NFLPA loaning players to the league with such an emphasis on reducing the amount of contact players endure. 

35 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

It could be a bluff and it could be a last gasp effort..  The league is already losing 10 million dollars a week and that's only going to get worse once they have competition from the XFL.  Wouldn't be surprised if he cut his losses.  I don't see the NFLPA loaning players to the league with such an emphasis on reducing the amount of contact players endure. 

The league is going pretty much the way most knowledgeable pundits predicted it would- just a bit sooner. No one is going to mourn much.

17 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I guess Wide Lefty thinks Dundon just cut a 1/4 billion dollar cheque willy-nilly...? What a mimbo.

Someone corrected him on twitter he wasn't aware ...

XFL will also fail,  but at least they'll make it to two seasons...