Alliance of American Football

Mr Dee

4 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

AAF co-founder Charlie Ebersol told the Orlando Sentinel the following:

“We are a start-up, and start-ups raise money in pieces — there’s a Series A piece, Series B, Series C, etc. After the success of the first week, we had a number of investors come to us and offer us all kinds of different investments. Tom Dundon showed up and said, ‘Do you want to continue to raise Series B, Series C and Series D or do you want to raise Series Infinity right now and be taken care of from now on.’ That was an offer I was not going to refuse.”

http://footballscoop.com/news/two-weeks-aaf-reportedly-already-life-support/

LOL. What BS. 

11 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Guys... lets start Professional Organized New Zany International League and pitch it to Dundon see if he'll invest. We'll call it the PONZI League for short, I'm sure Dundon has another $250 million kicking around....

Expect a call from Dundon's representatives soon. He's a little busy right now trying to figure out how to get his GM in Carolina to trade all his defence men away but I heard he is intrigued about your new PONZI league.

Edited by gcn11

3 hours ago, gcn11 said:

Sucks to lose a talent like Evans to another league, but rumor in Cowtown was that the Stamps were getting closer to re-signing him. This will weaken them.

I've heard talk that in the CFL right now defensive backs aren't getting paid as much as they used to. With all the new rules making it harder on defensive backs it is believed that the best way to repel a passing attack is with the pass rush.  So you're seeing guys like Jefferson and Micah Johnson getting paid a lot of money and defensive backs are moreso being viewed as replacement level players. Not sure that this was the main reason he left it could have to do with the CBA negotiations preventing him from being paid a bonus. It's possible that for some players they really rely on money this time of year and he had to take the chance of instant cash.  I don't imagine that he wouldn't have made more in the CFL especially since he will have missed out on at least 20% of this year's AAF money.  However, the money he gets paid from the AAF will be paid over the course of the next couple months.

BTW.  Does anyone know what happens with a AAF player who leaves for the NFL and gets cut?  Is he still obligated to the AAF for the remainder of his contract at that point?

I would expect the xfl to be the final nail in this leagues coffin. I wouldn’t expect the talent to get better next season.  They will likely lose some of the top talent to the nfl and if I’m looking for a football job at that time of year I’m going to sign in the league that was has deeper pockets and where there are zero incumbents to beat out.  Plus the xfl will be paying qbs considerably more than the aaf. 

7 hours ago, Zontar said:

CFL was mocked and rightly so for one owner owning two teams to prop up. Now we have a league where one guy, essentially, owns all the teams to prop the whole enterprise up.

Same scenario in the XFL unless something changes.  Vince intends to own all the teams.  Of course, he wanted to own all the CFL teams at one point too.