Alliance of American Football

Mr Dee

It's unfortunately that most of what I've heard about increases coming to our CBA will be basically given to the top players. I'd rather bump up the minimum salary a bit. I wonder how often we convince a star player not to try the NFL with a big contract compared to how many players we could attract to the league with a higher minimum contract.

6 hours ago, WildPath said:

It's unfortunately that most of what I've heard about increases coming to our CBA will be basically given to the top players. I'd rather bump up the minimum salary a bit. I wonder how often we convince a star player not to try the NFL with a big contract compared to how many players we could attract to the league with a higher minimum contract.

The CFLPA are run by Canadian offensive linemen who as a group are higher paid than most other positions as rookies. Only the lower draft picks play for minimum. They could care less about the entry level as most Canadian OL will be paid above that. They have basically taken over running the Association. That is why the money goes to the vets & not the rooks. And it's hurting the CFL. 

Yeah..but is that sustainable..and what if other cities are pulling in low teens..or worse

And now they missed payroll after the second week, and had to have an NHL owner fork over a whack of cash to keep them afloat..I give that league maybe till end of first season

Edited by Booch

👁‍🗨 From that article..

The AAF has only played two weeks, and before Dundon's investment, Week 3 was in jeopardy,” according to The Athletic's report.

👁‍🗨 Here’s a line for you:

"This was a terrific opportunity for Tom to expand his investment in the sports world," Hurricanes general manager Don Waddell said. "The AAF is off to an exciting start as a league and was founded on some truly unique and groundbreaking concepts.

3 weeks...really?

Edited by Mr Dee