Game 55 : @ The Capital City

33 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Has Laines name been mentioned in a trade deal cuz he's sure playing like he doesn't want to wear a Jets jersey anymore...Pitiful effort against a bottom feeder ..If we're going to make a deal for a rental going down the stretch, this Stone kid looks pretty good....Pegger as well...Chevy better pull the trigger because this ship is taking on water....We need to change things up and sit a few arses if they don't want to come to play

Laine was not the problem today or last game or the game before. 

Its the overplayed 81 55 26 and 3rd lines that have been garbage. Morrow in for Niku is a joke. 

Those are some problems.. Shall we list a few more?? Lets see what the actual problem is here... 

Ok. 

- the ridiculous use of 55 and 26 ... 100 percent on coaching here. Over 20 again.. Shocker.. We play tomorrow also so 20 plus again = joke. 

Their play as a unit the last oh i dunno lers call it since Jan 1 2019... Pathetic. Floating in the d zone.. 2 minute plus shifts then coasting to the bench... Mostly Coaching (he allows it) Some on players ( they doing it ). No consequences? Coaching

The PP1 without Laine sucks even more.  Wheeler having the equivalent of an over 3 minute shift end of 1st start of 2nd = bad 

The ice time distribution.. Lines 2 and 4 were good today.. They got way less and hey.. Maurice ****** them.. He broke lines 2 and 4 up.. To try to get 3 going... 

Break up 1 tho? Nahhhhh

Morrow over Niku? Seriously.. 

The PK just in general... Omg shooting gallery. Coaching. 

Morrissey off pp for Myers. Oh boy... Coaching. 

Ideal lhd here Morrissey Niku Kuli. Nah.. Morrow and Chiarot.. Coaching. 

This teams lack of effort to start games is also concerning... Leadership? Coaching? Both. 

Lots of problems.. Id put a 20 yr old not scoring near the bottom currently

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Has Laines name been mentioned in a trade deal cuz he's sure playing like he doesn't want to wear a Jets jersey anymore...Pitiful effort against a bottom feeder ..If we're going to make a deal for a rental going down the stretch, this Stone kid looks pretty good....Pegger as well...Chevy better pull the trigger because this ship is taking on water....We need to change things up and sit a few arses if they don't want to come to play

Laine is 20. Relax.

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You're crazy. Sit our 2 best players. Why not go off on a tangent to fire Maurice.

They havent been our 2 best players for a while. 

Why? I already did. Its unfortunate more ppl can't open their eyes to see where the true problems lie here. 

Our coach seriously does everything except break up wheeler and scheif.

This is a consistent theme.. Cant bench 55 and 26 tho.. Cant trade 26 to send a legit message.. So yeah.. Only other option is just blame it all on the 20 year old.. That seems popular.. **** on him.. Ignore 55 and 26 coasting all night tho.. Or fire the coach. 

16 minutes ago, Goalie said:

They havent been our 2 best players for a while. 

Why? I already did. Its unfortunate more ppl can't open their eyes to see where the true problems lie here. 

Our coach seriously does everything except break up wheeler and scheif.

This is a consistent theme.. Cant bench 55 and 26 tho.. Cant trade 26 to send a legit message.. So yeah.. Only other option is just blame it all on the 20 year old.. That seems popular.. **** on him.. Ignore 55 and 26 coasting all night tho.. Or fire the coach. 

Trade Hellebuyck.

3 straight loses..definitely not playing well. Have to agree the handling of Laine has not been great but i guess Maurice is trying to shield him? I would love for Laine to get on the top line with Scheif..but it aint happening. All teams go through this though so i aint to worried better now than playoff time. But we need some urgency to turn this around  soon.

A lot of panic among fans at the moment. Some of it way over the top.

And there isn't something missing from last season. The team is more or less in the same position as it was a year ago, the difference now being other teams know they're a threat and have made adjustments. The Jest can't rest on their laurels and I'm sure they're not. Every team goes through low points during a regular season campaign. There is no question they (players and coaches) need to address the issue and find a way to get back on track, but the "trade player A" or "try and get player B" comments aren't solutions.

Now is the time to re-tune the powerplay. Teams have keyed in on what made it successful. Now is the time to get back to playing smart defensive hockey. The top two lines have been terrible in their own end for a while now.