Game 43 : @ Wild Ones

Idiot fans like iheart blame goaltending but no mention of 55 and 26 sucking ass yet again.. No mention of zero in game adjustments made by the coach. .

We lost tonight because our coach while a good interview does nothing in game to actually make adjustments. 

Its beyond time to break up 55 and 26 but he won't cuz they got pics of him. 

18 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Idiot fans like iheart blame goaltending but no mention of 55 and 26 sucking ass yet again.. No mention of zero in game adjustments made by the coach. .

We lost tonight because our coach while a good interview does nothing in game to actually make adjustments. 

Its beyond time to break up 55 and 26 but he won't cuz they got pics of him. 

WTF??? According to you, our 2 best players sucking ass AGAIN?  I felt sorry for you when posters here went after you on the Wrestling Thread earlier today.... but after that comment I'm thinking now that you deserve it. Where would we be without Scheifle & Wheeler? Not even close to a playoff team.  And it's always Maurice's fault.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

WTF??? According to you, our 2 best players sucking ass AGAIN?  I felt sorry for you when posters here went after you on the Wrestling Thread earlier today.... but after that comment I'm thinking now that you deserve it. Where would we be without Scheifle & Wheeler? Not even close to a playoff team.  And it's always Maurice's fault.

He tucked his tail and ran from that thread. Lol. At least everyone was polite. 

I wonder how often he sends his resume to true north. 

10 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Yep. Better hope we don’t meet them in round one again.

Stck side high on Helle,, that’s how u do it. 

Laine 2pts last 10. 

Playoffs are a different animal. That'd even if the Wild make it. The thing for me is they don't seem any different than last season and the Jets dominated them 7-2 in regular season and post-season play.

As much as it's easy to dump on the goalie for a loss, the team in front of him was awful last night through the first 30-35 minutes. They let their opponent dictate the pace, their forecheck was lousy, they didn't skate (again), and their defensive zone play was spotty and lazy. It was basically a repeat of the Dec. 29th game vs. the Wild here in Winnipeg. And there were seemingly no adjustments made to the gameplan whatsoever.

Laine stinks this season. He had a blazing hot November but the rest of his 2018-19 campaign has been pedestrian at best. Even that seems like a compliment.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Playoffs are a different animal. That'd even if the Wild make it. The thing for me is they don't seem any different than last season and the Jets dominated them 7-2 in regular season and post-season play.

As much as it's easy to dump on the goalie for a loss, the team in front of him was awful last night through the first 30-35 minutes. They let their opponent dictate the pace, their forecheck was lousy, they didn't skate (again), and their defensive zone play was spotty and lazy. It was basically a repeat of the Dec. 29th game vs. the Wild here in Winnipeg. And there were seemingly no adjustments made to the gameplan whatsoever.

Laine stinks this season. He had a blazing hot November but the rest of his 2018-19 campaign has been pedestrian at best. Even that seems like a compliment.

The kid is really hard on himself. Most young athletes (even seasoned ones) go through this.

Patience. 

He will bounce back and we will look back at this as growing pains. 

14 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

The kid is really hard on himself. Most young athletes (even seasoned ones) go through this.

Patience. 

Reading some of his comments, I wonder if the Jets employ (or have considered employing) the use of a sports psychologist.  

42 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Patience. 

Every player has a slump in their career. just gotta work hard in practice & on the ice & that hard work will pay off eventually. We need to cut Laine some slack. 

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Patience. 

I'm not saying bench him or trade him. It isn't about patience; I'm saying he stinks this season - because he does. Thankfully, he isn't costing the team.

I'd just like to see him rediscover what made him successful last November and in his first two NHL seasons. It absolutely bites watching him struggle.

9 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I'm not saying bench him or trade him. It isn't about patience; I'm saying he stinks this season - because he does. Thankfully, he isn't costing the team.

I'd just like to see him rediscover what made him successful last November and in his first two NHL seasons. It absolutely bites watching him struggle.

I think it is all about patience when it comes to his development.  I'm not sure if I agree with you that he 'stinks' this season but I do think he has definitely regressed a bit.

Back in the day this was normal, now we get anxious when young players with little NHL experience don't consistently produce.

I'm not giving you personally a hard time about this btw, we all (well at least most of us who don't have other favorite teams) want the Jets to succeed (i.e., win a cup) sooner than later and it won't help matters when our young star(s) are struggling.

5 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I think it is all about patience when it comes to his development.  I'm not sure if I agree with you that he 'stinks' this season but I do think he has definitely regressed a bit.

Back in the day this was normal, now we get anxious when young players with little NHL experience don't consistently produce.

I'm not giving you personally a hard time about this btw, we all (well at least most of us who don't have other favorite teams) want the Jets to succeed (i.e., win a cup) sooner than later and it won't help matters when our young star(s) are struggling.

Trading young players at the first sign of struggle won't win a Stanley Cup either. 

11 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He tucked his tail and ran from that thread. Lol. At least everyone was polite. 

I'd be lying if I said I have never been there or done that. Something gets posted in a fit of anger or emotion & then later it's like, why did I say that???  Luckily, the members here are a pretty forgiving bunch for the most part. Tomorrow is a brand new day.