The RIP 2019 Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

and i'm aware of who he was because that moment when he shot his eye out, was included in the VH1 special countdown 100 most shocking moments in Rock n Roll (from 2001, not the 2009 list with Chris Jericho), hey it may be foolish but when I saw that in 2002(hey back when Gusto was still MuchMoreMusic they were still showing Classic Rock stuff), I thought of that as a history lesson

Edited by iHeart

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

You would be wrong.  Geto Boys are legendary in hip hop and Bill stood out (for a couple of obvious reasons).  This wasn't even the 1st time he died!

If you've watched Office Space, you should be familiar with their most famous song, "Damn it feels good to be a gangsta".

Geto Boys were early leaders in the Houston hip-hop scene. Lots of great songs.  

RIP, Richard Stephen Shaw. 

26 minutes ago, JCon said:

Geto Boys were early leaders in the Houston hip-hop scene. Lots of great songs.  

RIP, Richard Stephen Shaw. 

The south, in general, didn't have much of a nationwide presence in hip hop until the Geto Boys (2 Live Crew would be the exception to this).  Very influential.

I've had "Mind playing tricks on me" running through my head all morning, especially Bill's verse.  Still one of my favorites.

Add a 4th for today, and a very sad one. Still awaiting confirmation but twitter is reporting:

Janet Arnott, local curler who won the Scotties 3 times (medallist 9 times, including 3 silver and 3 bronze) and a World Championship in 1984 (medallist 3 times, including one silver and one bronze) with Connie Laliberte (her sister), then went on to play with Cathy Overton-Clapham, and finished her playing career with Jennifer Jones' rink in 2007, appearing in her last Scotties, where she earned her 4th bronze medal (and 10th overall). Lost in the finals of the Olympic Curling trials for Calgary in 1988. Then went on to coach Jennifer Jones' squad starting in 2008, and helped them get to 7 more Scottie tournaments, winning 3 times (in 2008, 09, and 10, and winning the World Championship in 2008. Won the Olympic trials in 2013 and the Olympic Gold Medal in Sochi in 2014, after which she retired from coaching the team.

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

On ‎2019‎-‎06‎-‎27 at 3:07 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Add a 4th for today, and a very sad one. Still awaiting confirmation but twitter is reporting:

Janet Arnott, local curler who won the Scotties 3 times (medallist 9 times, including 3 silver and 3 bronze) and a World Championship in 1984 (medallist 3 times, including one silver and one bronze) with Connie Laliberte (her sister), then went on to play with Cathy Overton-Clapham, and finished her playing career with Jennifer Jones' rink in 2007, appearing in her last Scotties, where she earned her 4th bronze medal (and 10th overall). Lost in the finals of the Olympic Curling trials for Calgary in 1988. Then went on to coach Jennifer Jones' squad starting in 2008, and helped them get to 7 more Scottie tournaments, winning 3 times (in 2008, 09, and 10, and winning the World Championship in 2008. Won the Olympic trials in 2013 and the Olympic Gold Medal in Sochi in 2014, after which she retired from coaching the team.

Wow, sorry to hear about Janet Arnott. Very sad.

https://tvline.com/2019/07/07/cameron-boyce-dies-descendants-disney-channel-dead/

I haven't seen Descendants but I did watch a few episodes of Jessie since the actor that played his dad was on Whose Line (hey  back in the day if any cast member showed up in anything I would make an effort to try to watch it) but then Chip Esten landed Nashville and didn't really show up much (speaking of which he'll be back on tomorrow as a fourth seater)

I don't think they should make a Descendants 4, some films don't know how to stop at 3

Edited by iHeart

Man what is going on this week? 

https://deadline.com/2019/07/denise-nickerson-dies-willy-wonka-the-chocolate-factory-actress-was-62-1202644767/

Willy Wonka is actually a guilty pleasure film for me,  and when I say guilty please I mean the film is guilty of aggravating my sweet tooth

Screw this week (I'll post something in the music thread) Now I'm sure you're probably wondering who he was, well as you can see in the post, he was one of the founders of the Persuasions, which was the inspiration for Rockapella (one of my favourite groups) Lawson left the Persuasions in 2002, and formed another group The Talk of the town, the group competed on the Sing off in 2010, and made it to the finals 

Edited by iHeart