The RIP 2019 Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

https://www.tsn.ca/red-wings-legend-lindsay-dead-at-93-1.1267488

Detroit Red Wings great and Hall of Famer Ted Lindsay has died at 93.

His death was confirmed Monday by son-in-law Lew LaPaugh, president of the Ted Lindsay Foundation, which raises money for autism research. Lindsay died Monday at his home in Michigan.

Lindsay was a nine-time All-Star and one of the game's best left wings. He provided muscle and meanness for the Red Wings' "Production Line" of the 1950s. He also worked with other NHL players to organize the original Players' Association.

Lindsay, a four-time Stanley Cup champion with the Red Wings, spent 17 seasons in the NHL with the Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks from 1944-1965.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Luke Perry has died.

oh this stings! and now I wish that DTour was still tvtropolis because I bet they'd be scrambling to schedule a 90210 marathon in tribute

and he was still working when he died. I wonder how the Riverdale people will handle this...or the cast of 90210 but like I said I don't know if they filmed anything yet for the new series. I was really hoping he would recover from this

Edited by iHeart

2 minutes ago, iHeart said:

oh this stings! and now I wish that DTour was still tvtropolis because I bet they'd be scrambling to schedule a 90210 marathon.

and he was still working when he died. I wonder how the Riverdale people will handle this...or the cast of 90210 but like I said I don't know if they filmed anything yet for the new series

As I understand it, he was not signed for the 90210 reboot due to scheduling issues with Riverdale.  But it certainly gives them a real reason to "come together" in the series...I imagine his passing will play a part.

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

As I understand it, he was not signed for the 90210 reboot due to scheduling issues with Riverdale.  But it certainly gives them a real reason to "come together" in the series...I imagine his passing will play a part.

I know he wasn't going to be involved, but from what I understand it sounded like he would appear like once or twice but not full time and yes I was thinking about all that reasoning for coming together...and now I kind of want to watch that  new series

Spoiler

and what's even sadder is that Fred Andrews was essentially the only sane parent on Riverdale. But I wouldn't be surprised if they did kill him off, I mean they have killed off minor characters.

Edited by iHeart

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:
Actor Jan-Michael Vincent died in February, TMZ reports.

If you ever want to convince someone of the damage alcohol and drug abuse can do, show them side by side pictures of Vincent in the mid-80's and then in 1996 after his near-fatal drunk driving accident, where he broke his neck. Had to have his leg amputated later in life due to his poor health. Truly a guy on top of the world who lost it all due to his demons.

Had no idea Randy Turner was even sick. **** cancer, man. Turner was a Bombers columnist back in the day and was so unbelievably talented. He did Odds and Sods after every home game and they were as funny as they were well written. He was a huge curling fan and while he did write about it often, he also curled in the big MCA Bonspiel every year for a good number of years. He was the first writer I ever saw use the term "Grand National Drunk" to describe the Grey Cup, and it's stuck with me ever since. In recent years, he became an absolute must-follow on Twitter, as his ability to be the most sarcastic prick in the room translated well to that medium. Legend doesn't seem to describe it well enough...one of the best Winnipeg media personalities ever. Period.