The RIP 2019 Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

19 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

If you're a wrestling fan you should definitely enter the wrestling thread.  Lots of interesting things happening in that world right now.

Gene worked in Winnipeg a lot in his early days with the AWA (70's into early 80's).  Winnipeg was one of the main cities for Minnesota-based AWA until Vince bought the TV timeslot and went on his expansion rampage.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Oh wow

As an older guy I first saw Bob Einstein (Super Dave) on the TV show Bizarre which was a Canadian sketch comedy series in the 80's.  He was hilarious and "Super" Dave was awesome.

I didnt realize he got his start writing for Smothers Brothers.

According to wiki he started that character first in 72 on a short lived Byner summer show.

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Oh by the way...

Mean Gene, Super Dave and the Captain....all 76!

remember 3 years ago when people were freaking out because celebrities were dying from cancer at age 69? Bowie, Rickman, Glenn Frey (yeah I think I spelled the latter wrong)

oh what a shame she was such a legend. But she lived a long life, there are so many broadway appearances of her at the tony awards that I wouldn't know which one to share.....I choose this one

I hope this years Tony Awards will pay tribute to her

I do also remember that she did appear on the second season finale of the Drew Carey show, but unfortunately the clip of her appearance cannot be found on youtube, WB is kind of fussy with copyrights.

twitter on the other hand

https://twitter.com/siriusblack84/status/1085233089125715970

oh and she voiced Granny Addams in the 90s Addams family animated series and voiced one of the dwarfelles in the Animated Snow White sequel that Disney didn't get to make, which was entitled Happily Ever After (it's on youtube)

Edited by iHeart