2019 Schedule Released

Noeller

4 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

How is it getting stale? It's arguably the most heated rivalry in the league and next season should be no different.

There's only so much that can be done with the schedule in a nine-team league.

I guess being on riderfans.com for a week turned me off having anything to do with that crowd.  For this coming season I want the riders in last place from the beginning right to the end,  the rivalry ends there for me lol.

17 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I do not know how much benefit the third bye week is to players, but I would be in favour of one less bye week and moving the Grey Cup up one week.

The 3rd week was added to take the short weeks out of the season I believe. Otherwise you have teams playing 2 games in ten days or something like that.

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎20 at 4:07 PM, Bigblue204 said:

The 3rd week was added to take the short weeks out of the season I believe. Otherwise you have teams playing 2 games in ten days or something like that.

Doesn't the NFL have just 1 bye week for all teams all season?

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We played 2 out of 3 there last year. Let those damned sodbusters come to our home stadium so we can kick their useless collective asses.  Exhibition or regular season, it still sucks.

No, they played 2 out of 3 in Winnipeg last year... So now it's our turn to go there. 

10 hours ago, BomberBall said:

Really don't like the back to back Thursday home games, in August.

I also have never been a big fan of Thursday night games... however what I started doing a few seasons ago was just taking the following Friday off as a vacation day at work, works out nice especially if the game goes really late (such as the home opener last year)...plus then you get a long weekend out of it, turns a negative (dragging your ass into work after a late night from a game) into a positive (long weekend).

19 hours ago, wally said:

Week 14 as well.  3 bye weeks

Yeah but when you have one at the end and the beginning you have a massive stretch of 17 games with only one game breaking it up. It will be nice though to have an extra prep week before the playoffs though.  Let’s hope it’s a two week break nah mean? 

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yes that's right 

The cfl can have a better bye week schedule once Halifax comes in if that happens.   It’s nice in the nfl the way they get all the bye weeks taken care of I think after week 14 and then everyone plays the last few weeks.  It’s great for fantasy playoffs lol 

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎21 at 10:54 AM, Colin Unger said:

The cfl can have a better bye week schedule once Halifax comes in if that happens.   It’s nice in the nfl the way they get all the bye weeks taken care of I think after week 14 and then everyone plays the last few weeks.  It’s great for fantasy playoffs lol 

We have more bye weeks than the NFL.

You cannot compare CFL and NFL schedules. In the NFL you don't play veery team. In the CFL with an odd number of teams, one must be off every week. The third bye was added to avoid the week where 5 games are played and one team has to play twice in 5 days. The current system is actually very good. 

Having said that, although one team will always get week 1 as a bye and one team will get week 21 as a bye, it would be nicer if the byes were equitable. Having the Bombers get week 2 off, then week 21, is poor planning. 

4 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

You cannot compare CFL and NFL schedules. In the NFL you don't play veery team. In the CFL with an odd number of teams, one must be off every week. The third bye was added to avoid the week where 5 games are played and one team has to play twice in 5 days. The current system is actually very good. 

Having said that, although one team will always get week 1 as a bye and one team will get week 21 as a bye, it would be nicer if the byes were equitable. Having the Bombers get week 2 off, then week 21, is poor planning. 

I'd be all for going back to a 16 week schedule. Then we're looking at the second week of November for Grey Cup. Eighteen games is too much.