2019 Schedule Released

Noeller

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

I don't mind this schedule at all. Nice and balanced. Not a big fan of back to backs to end the season, but understand it. Could be some exciting football at that time of year.

Why do we play the riders three times again this year in the regular season ?...... how do they work that stuff out from season to season ?

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

it's almost like the league enjoys promoting rivalries...

I get the rivalry thing to a point..... I was just thinking that over a certain span of time we would have played each of the other teams the same amount of times is all.... and rivalries can happen between any teams

An the rivalry with the riders is getting stale.... like many of those fans can drag you down to their miserable level..... I would like to see a rivalry start with Calgary,  because we bumped them out of first and beat them all season.....

Edited by NorthernSkunk

There's alot that can be done with the schedule, but honestly the league basically works with all the rivalry games first then fills in the rest.

Historically we always play Calgary late in the season, and historically that sucks for us. 

3 games vs the Stamps, 3 games vs the Riders.

Those games are really going to decide whether we make the playoffs, or whether TBurgess gets to say I told you so and be miserable all year long like the old coot he is. :)

Edited by jazzsax
Doh

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I get the rivalry thing to a point..... I was just thinking that over a certain span of time we would have played each of the other teams the same amount of times is all.... and rivalries can happen between any teams

Agreed. Third year in a row we've got three games against them, with a preseason game thrown in for good measure. Four games against one team is too much.

Switch up who in the West we get those 3rd games against each year, and make our preseason games against the teams we only play twice.

51 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

An the rivalry with the riders is getting stale.... like many of those fans can drag you down to their miserable level..... I would like to see a rivalry start with Calgary,  because we bumped them out of first and beat them all season.....

You're the only person I've ever heard say that. It's a heated, historical rivalry. And is arguably the best rivalry going in the CFL.

CFL returning to Atlantic Canada for regular season game

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl-returning-to-atlantic-canada-for-regular-season-game-1.1229374

The CFL released the 2019 schedule on Thursday, highlighted by the Montreal Alouettes and Toronto Argonauts facing off in Atlantic Canada in a Week 11 matchup on Sunday, Aug. 25.

Edited by JCon

1 hour ago, JCon said:

CFL returning to Atlantic Canada for regular season game

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl-returning-to-atlantic-canada-for-regular-season-game-1.1229374

The CFL released the 2019 schedule on Thursday, highlighted by the Montreal Alouettes and Toronto Argonauts facing off in Atlantic Canada in a Week 11 matchup on Sunday, Aug. 25.

No kidding because even if they sell 10,000 tickets they will have more people in the stands than usual. LOL!