Game 35 : @ Do You Know The Way To San Jose

good news nashville lost....come on guys let's remind Evander Kane what could have been (but then again it's kind of pointless considering that he was in the playoffs around the same time we were last season)

Buff scores first but then guess who else scored 

FIGHT!!!

and now we are tied at 2, it's going to be one of those games isn't it?

and Appleton scores his first NHL goal

still think Petan should be send to the Ks?

Edited by iHeart

I didn't watch the game but did Buff at least lay into Kane for a few big hits?   

Also is Helle the new guy that we are piling on?  He made 41 saves and he should be benched now?     

My only concern is the team seems to be much to laid back after scoring a goal and also during the last minute of periods.   It always seems that the other team scores at least one goal with under a minute left in the first two periods...

18 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I didn't watch the game but did Buff at least lay into Kane for a few big hits?   

Also is Helle the new guy that we are piling on?  He made 41 saves and he should be benched now?     

My only concern is the team seems to be much to laid back after scoring a goal and also during the last minute of periods.   It always seems that the other team scores at least one goal with under a minute left in the first two periods...

No one said he should be benched, they called him hot garbage behind the net.  Which he is.  It has been a problem for a long time now.   He should stay in the net and just let his defencemen handle the puck.  Gave up a goal directly in the playoffs last year because of this, been many many close calls this year where his awkwardness back there is a problem.   And it directly led to a goal last night.  Check around 3:15 below.

Hellebuyck did what's expected of him in net and he was pretty good in that regard last night. Out of the crease, however, his puck-handling is often disastrous. That blind backhand late in the 2nd was absolutely inexcusable. He either needs to learn how to handle the puck better or just let his defensemen do it instead.

This team looks tired right now. The holiday break can't come soon enough, IMO.

Looking forward to them beating the tar out of a mediocre Vancouver team on Saturday and then the team getting a well-deserved rest.  They've had a pretty crappy schedule lately.

I was really impressed with Kane last night.  He scored a nice goal and set up another one.  If that guy could ever get over himself and focus on his game, he might make a good hockey player one day.  I just don't ever see that happening.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of his team-mates already want to take his head off in practice....

To be clear, I in no way want Helle benched.  He was under siege last night, especially in the final 2 periods.  We had a heck of a time clearing our zone and also coughed up the puck several times in the neutral zone.  He wasn't getting a lot of help and managed to keep us in the game.

As others have mentioned, I was specifically referencing his ability or inability to play the puck behind the net.  It's been a problem for a while now and I personally get nervous every time he goes back there.

3 hours ago, BomberBall said:

To be clear, I in no way want Helle benched.  He was under siege last night, especially in the final 2 periods.  We had a heck of a time clearing our zone and also coughed up the puck several times in the neutral zone.  He wasn't getting a lot of help and managed to keep us in the game.

As others have mentioned, I was specifically referencing his ability or inability to play the puck behind the net.  It's been a problem for a while now and I personally get nervous every time he goes back there.

and the thing is he trains with Carey Price here in Kelowna during the off-season.  Pick up some pointers man!!

5 hours ago, Rich said:

No one said he should be benched, they called him hot garbage behind the net.  Which he is.  It has been a problem for a long time now. 

Odd that you say that when Paul Maurice said Helle was rock solid and the main reason they won last night.   They spoke on the radio this morning about how good Helle was as well.    

The only guy that was getting dumped on was Laine for all of his give aways.

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

Odd that you say that when Paul Maurice said Helle was rock solid and the main reason they won last night.   They spoke on the radio this morning about how good Helle was as well.    

The only guy that was getting dumped on was Laine for all of his give aways.

Is it?   I never said he played bad saving shots and being in position.  It is starting to be an issue when he goes behind the net to play the puck.  He needs to work on it and get better or stop playing the puck.

16 hours ago, Rich said:

Is it?   I never said he played bad saving shots and being in position.  It is starting to be an issue when he goes behind the net to play the puck.  He needs to work on it and get better or stop playing the puck.

last night the winning goal was scored by Washington by a giveaway by Carter Hutton behind the Buffalo net.  Just threw it right onto a Washington player's stick, who hit a wide open Tom Wilson with the net totally open.  I get that teams want their goalies handling the puck but there seems to be a lot of goalies who can't make the transition, and are giving up really bad goals.

https://www.nhl.com/video/wilson-breaks-tie-off-turnover/t-300012434/c-64203603