Game 33 : Lightning Strikes

Ehlers? Lol. Jets won't trade the drafted and developed guys. That would be dumb. Myers kulikov Perreault buff little wheeler all go b4 any guy drafted by the Jets. Especially a zone entry machine like Ehlers. U move on from the Tanevs and perreaults and those types not a core piece like Ehlers

Jets have about $6 million in cap space this year.  Talk of the Cap going up to $83 or $84 million next year.  So they could have around $10-$11 million without any moves.

Myers, Tanev & Chiarot come off giving them another $8 million.  So without doing anything, Jets have $18-$19 million in cap space next season.  Morrow is an RFA but thats another potential $1 million.  Same with Copp.  And Kulikov will have one year left.  He's playing decent and if he can stay healthy I suspect Jets keep him.

Trouba is an RFA so technically his money comes off and thats another $5.5 million, giving the jets around $25 million in cap space.

They need to sign Connor, Laine,  Trouba and Brossoit.  

The following year your only big ticket item is Morrissey and potentially Roslovic.  And the following year, Buff, Perreault, Lowry all come off the books (or are up for re-signing).

I think the Jets can keep everyone they want.

On 2018-12-18 at 11:26 AM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Based on the first 33, Tanev's might get 15 goals . That's 2 million easy

Not from the Jets. Tanev is decent but you give him 1 year 1 million max. If he wants to be here where he has a role he takes it.. If not you move on and put Vesalainen on that line. I dont think Tanev plays a similar role for another team BTW. I think hes a great fit for the Jets but... Not for anything above 1 million when you have guys on their ELC who can replace him. 

U want cap hell? You give guys like Tanev 2 million

Edited by Goalie