Game 31 : Oil Tanker Train

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

the dammit helle wakeup comment was due to the Oilers tying the game in case you were wondering

I wasn't wondering. I reacted to the inaccuracy of what you said. 

Blaming him for that goal is pretty ignorant. A more accurate statement would've been to say "Dammit, Jets! Wake up!"

47 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If the Oilers have Klefbom and Russell in the line up, they win last night for sure. And Koskinen in net likely means it's not as close as it was. Talbot was awful especially on the OT goal. 

That was good for a morning laugh 

Talbot is the only thing that kept edm in that game 

if nurse goal is called correctly, there’s not even OT

I didn't see the game cause I was out, but my understanding is Talbot was good in the third but awful on the OT goal. Which makes sense, Talbot is still pretty shaky mentally after what happened last season and given that Nurse and Larsson had to play massive minutes in Colorado with Klefbom and Russell going out early and again played big minutes last night cause your depth is trashed it makes sense that they saw a 3rd period dip in performance. And I wouldn't laugh about the presence of Koskinen either. Guy has ridiculous numbers right now, he's been a brick wall for the Oilers while Talbot still can't make a glove save to save his life. 

Going to OT against Winnipeg considering Klefbom and Russell out and Talbot starting is probably the best they could have hoped for. Hard to lose the two D who have been playing the best for you on the season. 

I love how Kris Russell was a bum until he gets to Edmonton and now he's the 'foundation of the D'

Edmonton survives on McDavid's offence... the Jets just shut him down that's all - that being said, he had a great shot in OT too...

Edited by Floyd

11 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I love how Kris Russell was a bum until he gets to Edmonton and now he's the 'foundation of the D'

Edmonton survives on McDavid's offence... the Jets just shut him down that's all - that being said, he had a great shot in OT too...

Well I for one always like Russell everywhere he has been. Dude gets **** on way too much because of fancy stats but he is a good defenseman and has been  playing good this season.

Also, McDavid had two points last night and as you said, post in OT so really shut him down huh? 

It was a 5-4 game, wouldn't call it a defensive clinic by anyone just a high scoring game that went to OT. 

Might as well just accept that the Oilers aren't as bad as they looked under Mclellan.

16 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Well I for one always like Russell everywhere he has been. Dude gets **** on way too much because of fancy stats but he is a good defenseman and has been  playing good this season.

Also, McDavid had two points last night and as you said, post in OT so really shut him down huh? 

It was a 5-4 game, wouldn't call it a defensive clinic by anyone just a high scoring game that went to OT. 

Might as well just accept that the Oilers aren't as bad as they looked under Mclellan.

Well, I actually watched the game and they did shut him down...

Russell = Chiarot - and I like Chiarot...

Oilers are good enough for the wildcard for sure...  

Outshot 17-2 in the third period... Talbot kept his team in the game. Blaming him on that OT goal is pretty ridiculous, IMO. Morrissey beat him with a hell of a shot.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

He was only a bum when he played in Calgary. ;)

The shot attempts in the 3rd were like 41 to 5 Jets.. They dominated. Talbot was 🔥

Edmonton scored 1 goal that 50 percent of the time don't count... Another deflection off a guys leg .

No Talbot.. Its like 7 8 9 4 easily Jets. Dude stood on his head in the 3rd. 

Edited by Goalie

Fact.. Jets are the 2nd best team in the league behind Tampa.. 

677 winning percentage. 

They have played less games than both Nashville (1 point ahead) and Toronto. 

Jets also have the franchise's best 30 now 31 game record to start the year. Oilers hung around cuz Talbot. Only pure homers would think otherwise

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Well, I actually watched the game and they did shut him down...

The bar is so high that a 2 point night for McDavid is considering shutting him down. Do you hear yourself? I mean yeah he didn't get 4 points and win the game all by his lonesome like last time these teams played but to suggest that they shut down a guy and he still picked up 2 points and rang the bar in OT and may well have won the game there is shut down.... get over yourselves. 

You know what stops me from really getting behind the Jets? The fact that Jets fans act like Rider fans. 

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

If the Oilers have Klefbom and Russell in the line up, they win last night for sure. And Koskinen in net likely means it's not as close as it was. Talbot was awful especially on the OT goal. 

Or you can simply say the Oilers and Hitchcock are both mediocre and didn't even deserve to be in OT as they are far inferior to the Jets. 

35 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The bar is so high that a 2 point night for McDavid is considering shutting him down. Do you hear yourself? I mean yeah he didn't get 4 points and win the game all by his lonesome like last time these teams played but to suggest that they shut down a guy and he still picked up 2 points and rang the bar in OT and may well have won the game there is shut down.... get over yourselves. 

You know what stops me from really getting behind the Jets? The fact that Jets fans act like Rider fans. 

You know - you just didn’t watch the game... but you seem to know exactly what happened and now you’re insulting jets fans  

give it up already

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Yikes... You know the assbleed is serious when this is the type of reactionary comment you decide to post.

What's even more adorable is how you're playing right into his hands and losing your head. But Jets fans are the ones acting like greenies... Good form.

Oh, and do tell us more on how "ringing the post" counts for anything.

Edited by blue_gold_84
a player hitting iron is apparently relevant

I mean hey if holding a guy to 2 points is shutting him down go on and believe that. 

I already said the jets were too good a team to expect the Oilers to win I  regulation missing half of their top 4 D, but you all act like the jets are so far superior that somehow it wouldn't have made a difference. I am not the only one who sees it, jets fans act exactly like rider fans do.

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I mean hey if holding a guy to 2 points is shutting him down go on and believe that. 

I already said the jets were too good a team to expect the Oilers to win I  regulation missing half of their top 4 D, but you all act like the jets are so far superior that somehow it wouldn't have made a difference. I am not the only one who sees it, jets fans act exactly like rider fans do.

Well, I didn't say the Jets shut him down. Floyd did and you got your orange panties in a wad over it. That's exactly the reaction I surmise he was going for, and you gulped it down - hook, line, and sinker.
FWIW, the Jets did a better job containing McDavid last night than they did back on Oct. 16th. That isn't irrelevant.

And when you make idiotic blanket statements, don't expect anyone to take your opinions seriously. That's on par with someone trying to say if two players aren't injured and in the lineup, that team automatically wins.

You can go ahead and keep spouting your salty commentary and trying to demean a rival fanbase by making absurd and non-existent parallels, but it's only reflecting poorly on you. Rather than ignore the one biased comment, you let it get to you, implode instantly, and act like a complete homer while trying to dump on everyone else. That is how greenies act, BTW. Well done.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Watched the game yet? Ha