HB: Jonathan Hefney

S: Paul Bennett

PK: Justin Medlock

P: Bob Cameron

PR: Keith Stokes

KR: Albert Johnson III

ST: Wade Miller

Final roster. 

Mount Rushmore is Stegall, Walby, Ploen, and Grant. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

• 4 weeks later...

I would concur with the list with one exception.  QB. While I agree that Ploen was a great QB and really don’t disagree I think that the various eras have to be considered as well. “Indian Jack Jacobs” was likely the most dominant QB of that era and while he may not have won as many grey cups as Kenny he at least in my opinion was as significant as Kenny in his era. Nonetheless a good selection of players from the beginning to now. 

On ‎2019‎-‎06‎-‎25 at 11:11 AM, Old Bomber Fan said:

I would concur with the list with one exception.  QB. While I agree that Ploen was a great QB and really don’t disagree I think that the various eras have to be considered as well. “Indian Jack Jacobs” was likely the most dominant QB of that era and while he may not have won as many grey cups as Kenny he at least in my opinion was as significant as Kenny in his era. Nonetheless a good selection of players from the beginning to now. 

Indian Jack Jacobs was a great qb. Winnipeg Stadium may never have been built without him but he only played 5 seasons as a starter, made 2 Grey Cup appearance & never won a championship. Ploen OTOH played 11 seasons for the Bombers & as a qb had a hand in 4 out of 6 Grey Cups & started in 2 of those victories & was Grey Cup MVP in 61.  To me, Ploen was the only choice for qb.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I know he didn't play for us very long, but I really liked Eugene Goodlow when he was here.  He broke some kind of record too.

Goodlow became the first player in CFL history to reach 100 receptions in a season during the 1981 season.

Goodlow joined the Winnipeg Blue Bombers late in 1980 and had 17 catches in just 5 games.  In 1981, Goodlow had a monster year with 100 catches for 1494 yards, which strangely enough only netted hm a West All-Star honour.  Goodlow only played 6 games in 1982, but still had 30 catches and 515 yards.  Goodlow then jumped to the NFL and played with New Orleans from 1983 to 1986.  He returned to the CFL for a short 2 game sting with Ottawa in 1989.

https://www.cflapedia.com/Players/g/goodlow_eugene.htm

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Kind of off topic, but I noticed this past week during the TO and Edm game when they were listing longest Losing streaks by a Head Coach that Bud Grant was near the top of the list. Something like 13 in a row I think. Goes to show you that even the greats struggle.

Confirmed... Bigblue thinks Chamblin is on par to  Bud Grant :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2019-07-18 at 4:55 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

I know he didn't play for us very long, but I really liked Eugene Goodlow when he was here.  He broke some kind of record too.

Pound for pound talent, Eugene Goodlow was likely the best Bomber receiver I have ever witnessed in my lifetime (IMHO). 

Edited by blueingreenland

• 1 month later...
On 2019-09-26 at 3:57 PM, blueingreenland said:

Pound for pound talent, Eugene Goodlow was likely the best Bomber receiver I have ever witnessed in my lifetime (IMHO). 

Better than Milt??

I don't know man - watch some Milt highlights and get back to me...Eugene was great, Jeff Boyd might have even been better....Terrance Edwards might have been better...

16 hours ago, The Zipp said:

Better than Milt??

I don't know man - watch some Milt highlights and get back to me...Eugene was great, Jeff Boyd might have even been better....Terrance Edwards might have been better...

What always impressed me about Terrance Edwards was his consistency. He may not have been the fastest or most sure-handed receiver in the league but what tools he had, he used on every play, and ran great routes so as to be dependable for the QBs.

• Rich unpinned this topic