Game 24 : Chicago

I say the Jets move on from Myers sooner rather than later.  There's no way we can re-sign him in the offseason even if he took a significant discount.  Not if we want to keep Laine, Connor, Copp, Tanev, and try to keep Trouba (lol we'll see I guess).  Make a trade with Myers as the centerpiece while he still has value and teams look past his iffy defensive zone play.  Hopefully get back a solid Dman or two.  Throw in Chiarot too.  Got really sick of seeing him just stand there while a Blackhawk player got multiple whacks at the puck in front of Helle before scoring.  To be fair he wasn't alone in that but if you're a big physical Dman and you can't even clear the front of the net there isn't much point to you being out there. 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

In theory I agree.  I was being tongue in cheek.  But with injuries and poor play, Toby is an upgrade over what we have now.  But hindsight is 20/20.

Jets will have to upgrade their D.  Im not sure how.  If Myers is perceived as having value, perhaps you can move him out for a younger player.  Is there a well touted young D that is looming RFA and might not re-sign with their team?  That player might be a target.

Or if Trouba is gone, and you can get TWO d in return, do it.  But it seems unlikely (why would a team who values Trouba trade good D).

Niku has to get up to speed fast.  And Kulikov being long term injured hasnt helped matters.  If this was still the summer, a solid free agent D would be top of the list.

I don't think there is anyway he would consider coming back to the Jets though, I think he wasn't happy being a healthy scratch whether it was warranted or not.

And I know you were being tongue in cheek. :)

Edited by HardCoreBlue