Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

23 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Too much Rider stink on Jefferson for my liking. That was a team full of individuals and he was part of it. 

I agree...that team was all about the individual...and wonder how he would fit in..that being said..we have a strong locker room and headcoach...so I think that alone would allow him to fall in line..I bet in that situation he would be even better

24 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Interesting about Jefferson. But call me skeptical the bombers have enough $ to sign him and a big name Rec. 

I'm wondering if the FA receivers are waiting to see how the QB situation plays out before they sign. Burnham would have a big year if he lands on the same team as Reilly or Bo.

I don't think money is an issue with us right now...we shed a lot, and also unlike most teams don't have the unknown floating around on what we need to keep for a starting QB..There are 4 teams alone right now that don't have that position and SMS hit confirmed at the moment...whereas we do and can make best offers at whomever we target

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I agree...that team was all about the individual...and wonder how he would fit in..that being said..we have a strong locker room and headcoach...so I think that alone would allow him to fall in line..I bet in that situation he would be even better

Yup- I think our locker room and team culture would enable Jefferson to thrive. 

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

They gave up on a team leader like Chris Randle to go after a guy like Jefferson???  I don't get this direction, Jefferson is a mercenary, here next year gone the next.

I can't believe I'm saying this but if it wins me a Grey Cup this coming season, I'll take that for 200 dollars Alex. 1000 years without a Grey Cup makes one thirsty.

15 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

They gave up on a team leader like Chris Randle to go after a guy like Jefferson???  I don't get this direction, Jefferson is a mercenary, here next year gone the next.

Good point. I do wish Randal was still in blue and gold.

I guess I would chalk that up to the fact we seem to be able to find db talent and easily go cheaper. 

As much as I love randle- I would say that WJ's a freak and a game changer.

20 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Two years in Edmonton then NFL... and three years in Sask...  that's mercenary now?  

Jefferson, Jeffcoat and Bighill are the three key elements to a Richie Hall D - he only ever finds success with over-the-top all-star DEs and MLB...  (I mean so would every other DC though ha)