Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

6 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Why Burnam over Walker? Not disagreeing with you guys- just wondering why. I think Burnham would be a better locker room/team fit. 

If there is one guy that I watch in the CFL and say I wished he played for the Bombers Burnham is the guy, he is everything a receiver should be

21 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'd rather overspend on Chungh then Burnham/Walker....  

Every day of the week and twice on game day. That said, I really hope we got both. I feel like we should have plenty of flexibility with a bunch of old vets getting replaced by younger cheaper guys. So long as we dont over pay to keep someone like loffler. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

So teams who spend the most money win? So.. In what sport is that true? 

Should we bother having a season and just give the cup to the team who spends the most money? 

Just an odd post here. 

Lol.... Yankees have spent a lot ...and won a lot.  But really all I was talking about was not worrying so much about being a little over the cap this season....especially if it resulted in a cup.

a little dramatic there goalie lol

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

225k for burnham

do it

No way, that's Bighill sized money.  Max. I'd pay for an import receiver that maybe gets 5 touches per game is $175,000, it's not financially a high priority when there are 4 other receivers on the field to help spread the load.  Might make sense for the Esks. with Reilly chucking bombs but not so much for Nichols running a LaPo offence.  I bet no other CFL team has a RB earning in the vicinity of $225,000.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

No way, that's Bighill sized money.  Max. I'd pay for an import receiver that maybe gets 5 touches per game is $175,000, it's not financially a high priority when there are 4 other receivers on the field to help spread the load.  Might make sense for the Esks. with Reilly chucking bombs but not so much for Nichols running a LaPo offence.

When you put it like that it feels like Nichols is holding the team back...

Looks like Fenner got an extension
2019-02-01   WPG   FENNER, Chandler   LB   N   Holy Cross   Add To   Active Roster
2019-02-01   WPG   FENNER, Chandler   LB   N   Holy Cross   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2019-02-01   WPG   FENNER, Chandler   LB   N   Holy Cross   Add To   Active Roster

..and we signed a new DE
2019-02-01   WPG   NWACHUKWU, Noble   DE   I   West Virginia   Add To   Active Roster

he will be a DT in CFL

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/noble-nwachukwu?id=2557990

Edited by M.O.A.B.

4 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

2019-02-01   WPG   FENNER, Chandler   LB   N   Holy Cross   Delete From Active   Free Agent

..and we signed a new DE
2019-02-01   WPG   NWACHUKWU, Noble   DE   I   West Virginia   Add To   Active Roster

he will be a DT in CFL

Noble Nunchucks!

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

..and we signed a new DE

he will be a DT in CFL

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/noble-nwachukwu?id=2557990

Sounds a lot like James "Quick" Parker.

5 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

No way, that's Bighill sized money.  Max. I'd pay for an import receiver that maybe gets 5 touches per game is $175,000, it's not financially a high priority when there are 4 other receivers on the field to help spread the load.  Might make sense for the Esks. with Reilly chucking bombs but not so much for Nichols running a LaPo offence.  I bet no other CFL team has a RB earning in the vicinity of $225,000.

That's all well & good but the market will determine what Burnham gets paid.

5 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Didn't we pay Nick Moore $190k a few years back?

21 hours ago, bustamente said:

If there is one guy that I watch in the CFL and say I wished he played for the Bombers Burnham is the guy, he is everything a receiver should be

I would argue Bo Levi or Reilly, if only because QB is by far the most important position in the league... as for receivers currently active, I always thought that Banks would've been a good fit in our offense.

On 2019-02-01 at 3:45 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I though Harris took 175k??