Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rich

Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

Message added by Rich

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The guy had 1100 yards receiving in 2017 and 1566 in 2016....  last season if he was healthy he would of had about 1100 yards which is more then Darvin had.

Ya, 2011 was too far back.....but he's not the same guy. He's really really beat up....I'd take a hard pass on that guy at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Was going to be a FA so just early release 

Which makes one wonder if he asked for more money or more playing time and they said no so they're granting him time latch on elsewhere (credit 17to85)... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Which makes one wonder if he asked for more money or more playing time and they said no so they're granting him time latch on elsewhere (credit 17to85)... 

I think he chooses retirement rather than trying to catch on with another team, it was a similar situation last year if I recall correctly.  He's already involved in a career as a Certified Financial Planner in Pittsburgh.

http://hbkswealth.com/staff/ian-wild/

0?e=1553126400&v=beta&t=a-3DpJ-xCgzFITmM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between Randle and Wild's release, it certainly looks like the Bombers are trying to go younger in 2019... Wild's release makes sense as he had a few seasons riddled with injuries. As for Randle, it looks like the club is just playing to its' scouting strengths... hopefully they can find a youngster gem that can fill the void left by Randle that is both effective and cheaper on the books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Between Randle and Wild's release, it certainly looks like the Bombers are trying to go younger in 2019... Wild's release makes sense as he had a few seasons riddled with injuries. As for Randle, it looks like the club is just playing to its' scouting strengths... hopefully they can find a youngster gem that can fill the void left by Randle that is both effective and cheaper on the books.

Add Leggett to the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 17to85 said:

The play that made loffler an allstar in perpetuity 

Unfortunately, he  frequently looks for that type of hit that distracts him from being in the right position in making a proper tackle and/or play on the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Unfortunately, he  frequently looks for that type of hit that distracts him from being in the right position in making a proper tackle and/or play on the ball.

I don't know...last year he made his presence known to a few wayward looking receivers when he was on the prowl and made a couple of nifty pics in the process...B.C. will be knocking on his door come fa....I hope we can re-up him...he's stilll a very good asset

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems as generally shortly after we announce a veteran release and SMS money freed up it usually coincides with free agent extension shortly after..(Leggett/Randle) .Bryant/hardrick and Biggie

Wondering if the freeing up of Wilds salary may be an indication of money freed up for a Chungh and or Goosen signing, or a Loffler or Demski?

Edited by Booch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Seems as generally shortly after we announce a veteran release and SMS money freed up it usually coincides with free agent extension shortly after..(Leggett/Randle) .Bryant/hardrick and Biggie

Wondering if the freeing up of Wilds salary may be an indication of money freed up for a Chungh and or Goosen signing, or a Loffler or Demski?

*crossing fingers and toes*

Edited by M.O.A.B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Jones seems to have very good mobility, could be a replacement for JSK if they can't re-sign him.

 

Seems to small.. More of a SAM option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yeah.. Thats SAM size not WIL. 

Wild was 6.0 213 and he played WIL and some MAC.
That's just 4 lbs difference
 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

Wild was 6.0 213 and he played WIL and some MAC.
That's just 4lbs diffence
 

Still think hes more of a DB in the CFL.. Thats SAM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×