Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

Even without a Grey Cup I wouldn't be firing these guys. 

They have built a team that top players want to play for, they have built a system where our top players are in demand from other teams.... 

Why are we in a hurry to blow that up just because they haven't hit the jackpot with a cup yet? 

Stability matters when the group in charge is doing more good than bad. You fire people when it's actively hurting the long term prospects of the team, but these guys are building a hell of a strong foundation here, one that we haven't seen since the 90s. 

Just now, Mr Dee said:

Jealous.

Had to cancel my trip.

I'm unfortunately missing out on TC stuff, because I get home on the Tuesday night and they play in Sask on the Thursday, so I assume they'll be travelling on the Wednesday. Lame. But being in the city on a game day is a real special treat.....

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

thankful they really haven't changed the Bombers look at all. I'll be home in exactly two weeks, so I'm looking forward to grabbing some gear from the Bombers store...

QFT. I hope they never wholesale change them again. Tweak and adjust sure. But its too good to go away from AGAIN. 

17 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

Calgary and Ottawa have two games broadcast, while Edmonton, Toronto and Winnipeg get nothing..

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/05/23/watch-2019-cfl-pre-season-broadcast-schedule/

yeah, this was released about 2 months ago.... pre-season TV games suck. Couldn't care less...

On Chris Mathews:

“Out of the 20-odd completions over a couple of periods, maybe 17 went to him,” a grinning Nichols said. “It seemed like we’re on the right page with everything. Obviously, he brings something different to our offence and something that’s going to cause some people problems.”

As safety Derek Jones put it: “You can be on his hip and his arms are so long and he’s so strong, he can make a play anyway.”

Over on the dirty side of the ball, working just as hard to learn a new defence is the one-of-a-kind Jefferson, who bolted the Riders as a free agent to sign a one-year deal with Winnipeg.

“He’s that player that coaches drool over,” is how D-lineman Jackson Jeffcoat described the 28-year-old.

“He was a highlight reel,” D-lineman Jake Thomas acknowledged. “But I wasn’t sure how he’d be as a person. He’s a perfect person. He’s going to fit in great with this group. And his field play will speak for itself.”

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/the-tower-and-the-freak-making-bombers-better-already#click=https://t.co/YM1Nk67qTi

• 1 month later...