Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

Just now, DR. CFL said:

Vets coming off a significant injury become a contractual liability bringing them into TC.

Not if you bring them in cheap / on an incentive-laden deal. In the cfl no one is a contractual liability with none guaranteed deals for most of the year and most of the players. If we brought in one low risk high reward vet like toliver, or chris williams or sinkfield thatd be perfect. Though I dont really expect it at this point. 

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Griffiths, Eli, Exume and Oliviera signed...  who's left? Kongbo?

havent seen the 2econd group signing, but desjarlais, and Richards. I think hallett signed Already. 

See the second group now. Dont see richards, desjarlais or kongbo. 

Edited by wbbfan

Darrin Bauming TSN

GM Kyle Walters says he is unsure if the #Bombers’ veteran quarterbacks will participate in rookie camp Wed-Fri this week. Has historically been voluntary, and the QBs have participated. The collective bargaining agreement expires Saturday. 

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

seeing the Al's released Branden Dozier...not sure why..SMS/asked for NFL opportunities or injured, but that's a guy who I would like to see us bring in for camp...only 25 and a pretty good play maker

I'd swap Loffler/Jones for Dozier in a heart beat...  plus more depth at SAM

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

It does seem like important news.

It is one thing to say he might want to play, it is another to get his signature on a contract.

He signed today.

1 hour ago, AKAChip said:

That Eli signing is absolutely huge. Not sure why more aren’t talking about it. 

Its one of those sleeper picks, not a lot of people out side of bomber town and a couple national CFL guys are aware of what a steal he was. 

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I want to see if he can ever get back in shape, some can, some can't.  He's signed up for pro ball now so it does make a difference.

Not as big an issue for an OL imo. Plus he was more CFL sized and tried to go up prior to an NFL Push. Id bet hes pretty close to CFL size already. We will see how badly he wants it in camp. Getting the sharp edge of aggression and technique only comes with desire and work. Unless he comes in a hot mess Id be surprised if he isnt on the IR/PR this year based on his potential alone. 

17 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Bryant-Neufeld-Couture-Foketi-Hardrick

Kowczara-Speller-Gray

Ouellet-Eli-Desjarlais

That's pretty nice interior depth heading into camp...  I can't remember anything like this with NI OL for a long long time...

OL depth is critical....my only concern is the amount of actual playtime that depth has.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

seeing the Al's released Branden Dozier...not sure why..SMS/asked for NFL opportunities or injured, but that's a guy who I would like to see us bring in for camp...only 25 and a pretty good play maker

He's sorta like Hebert was in his Bomber stint.  Could play either OLB spot, S, probably HB too.