Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

16 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

I noticed while i was on bluebombers.com that Drake Nevis was no longer listed on the roster.  I hope this is some sort of clerical error. 

Must be... he re-signed in March.  Unless he did something and a release is pending... 

On 2019-05-06 at 2:13 PM, Colin Unger said:

I wonder if we would consider converting kongbo to DT?  He played some there in college and it’s more advanced against then run than as a pass rusher.  

I could see him rotating around both 3 tech and end. Hes stuck in the middle like corney was at one point. His game does certainly work well with the interior vs the edge. I think it depends a bit who takes the other DT spot. With nevis on the nose jake and kongbo could rotate as a 3 technique. Where as brandin bryant fills kinda that same role. I expect the ratio to end up 2 NI wrs, 3 NI ol, 1 ni rb, 1 ni S which is 7. We can use jake and jones in packages to get an extra Imp on the DL or in coverage. We could also end up starting 2 NI OL  though. 

I think it depends on how the OL and WR shake down. Either way the DL is going to be exceptional and deep. 

Edited by wbbfan

4 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Congratulations to another great Bomber character. Unfortunately, he was unable to complete the wall climbing portion at NU...

52 minutes ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

Such a fantastic story, person and football player. Hes such a corner stone of the team. I hope his career ends with the HOF and a couple of blue, grey cup rings.

This was from yesterday's CFL.ca transaction page. 
2019-05-07    WPG    HUMPHREY, Myles        N        Delete From Active    Free Agent
2019-05-07    WPG    HUMPHREY, Myles        N        Add To    Active Roster

I'm thinking maybe this is that guy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myles_Humphrey
https://shepherdrams.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1777

On 2019-05-07 at 3:32 PM, wbbfan said:

Such a fantastic story, person and football player. Hes such a corner stone of the team. I hope his career ends with the HOF and a couple of blue, grey cup rings.

It appears that the guy loves the city and the club room culture a lot,  I can see him being on the team for a long time and maybe he'll be one of those guys who moves here permanently after his playing days. 

58 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It appears that the guy loves the city and the club room culture a lot,  I can see him being on the team for a long time and maybe he'll be one of those guys who moves here permanently after his playing days. 

Or atleast is here every summer 😛 

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

The best returner pick up weve made in a long long time. The guy got a real raw deal in the NFL. The local police put out a warrant for his arrest over allegedly stealing 25$ worth of groceries. He was cut instantly. The next day it turned out it wasnt him, charges dropped and he wasnt even in the area. 

He has a ton of potential as an Xfactor type player doing some of the demski package stuff too. 

39 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The best returner pick up weve made in a long long time. The guy got a real raw deal in the NFL. The local police put out a warrant for his arrest over allegedly stealing 25$ worth of groceries. He was cut instantly. The next day it turned out it wasnt him, charges dropped and he wasnt even in the area. 

He has a ton of potential as an Xfactor type player doing some of the demski package stuff too. 

The guy caused constant problems for the Cowboys.. that wasn’t the only reason he was cut. 

His “stolen dog” incident rose more than a few eyebrows.