Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

On 2019-03-26 at 12:10 PM, Booch said:

We could start the season trying it..especially if Simonese shows he is a guy who can play side..stretch the defense..work across the middle at mid depth...and play a wait and see if we can land an NFL reject, or if we can't land say a Mathews before then..If we don't get him I can't see us throwing any money at whats left out there..we will go with what we recruit.

Adams,Demski, Woli, Simonese and whomever grabs that other import spot..be it Washington/Thompkins or Nelson as incumbents isn't end of world....or replace incumbent with a recruit who jumps off the page can work with Harris. Thompkins if actually used consistantly can give us what Dress did, if not more and be more durable and has more size

For some reason I have a gut feeling that him, as well as Washington could be legit 2nd year guys who can give us options and anywhere from 600 to 1000 yards if we don't dink and dunk all year

I agree, less dink n dunk 'n the ball all year.  Chuck it some more.

6 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Correct, it was supposed to be one of those situations where we re-signed him when he was healthy. If we ever wanted to go with three Canadian receivers he would be a good guy to have on the roster.

If it’s going to be the Andrew Harris show again, they might as well start 7 nationals on O. 

On 2019-03-27 at 2:34 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

No, I don't think so, they cut him as soon as he was healthy.  Woli. took his job.

His real contribution was on teams, it was just a bonus that he rostered as an extra WR. Id take him back in camp in a heartbeat and see if he still has it. Maybe he ends up switching over to DB for depth. 

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

His real contribution was on teams, it was just a bonus that he rostered as an extra WR. Id take him back in camp in a heartbeat and see if he still has it. Maybe he ends up switching over to DB for depth. 

Somewhat surprised no other teams have given him a look, but who knows maybe Coates has moved on from football.

11 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Somewhat surprised no other teams have given him a look, but who knows maybe Coates has moved on from football.

His injury was pretty catastrophic, and it doesn't take long for a STs guy like him to fall between the cracks. Never know, hes still in his 20s and iirc was involved in some fashion with the PA.