Bomber News: 2019 Off Season

Rich
Message added by Rich

For minor off-season Bomber news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created.  General CFL news can be found here.

41 minutes ago, bb1 said:

The Grey Cup drought is a fact. We are like the Jets when do you throw all in to get the prize?

Yeah, and the fact is the current regime is only responsible for 5 years of it (roughly 18% of the drought). It is not at all responsible for the remaining and far larger percentage.

And a comparison to the Jets... Good grief. What a ridiculous false equivalency.

Edited by blue_gold_84
percentage >> fraction

39 minutes ago, bb1 said:

When you have an older Qb, running back and we were close last year ,i don't think pointing out that we are not throwing money around like other teams that seem to be desperate to get better is a red herring. The Grey Cup drought is a fact.We are like the Jets when do you throw all in to get the prize? It definitely doesn't seem like that's the case for the Blue this year ,we are better on defense but worse on offense based on the offseason.

Basically the entire offense is back.  We have a bunch of young Canadians at receiver who took a step last year and will take another one.  I'm sure they'll add a couple imports.  Don't fret about interior OL.  

This is year 2 of all-in.

1 hour ago, bb1 said:

This is always the typical koolaid rebuttal...it never gets old. 

Neither does the incessant pissing and moaning.  If Walters signs people:  "Too bad we can't develop our own people instead of spending all this money on free agents"  if we mainly re-sign our own: "Why isn't he bringing in free agents."  Some people gotta ***** for the sake of bitching I guess.

9 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

For the "why hasn't Walters done anything" crowd:

If we sign him:  "We payed to much money.  Walters was an idiot for being played like that."  If we don't sign him: "Walters must have low balled him.  Walters is an idiot for not going all in"

Edited by WBBFanWest

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

What did Ellingson sign for?... anyone else think Walters will give Walker 250 for one year and sell him on a chance to win it all... I could see it...  

I want to say that we have a better chance at playoff money, but the East is so bad that the Argos have the opportunity to go just as far as we can.

I don't see any appeal in playing for the Riders (of course I never will).

Just now, Booch said:

signed Winston Rose....good pick-up....

#Bombers have signed international defensive back Winston Rose (6-0, 180). Has spent past two seasons with Ottawa, recording five interceptions, 53 defensive tackles and eight special teams tackles in 22 games.

1 minute ago, Blueandgold said:

I want to say that we have a better chance at playoff money, but the East is so bad that the Argos have the opportunity to go just as far as we can.

I don't see any appeal in playing for the Riders (of course I never will).

That's true but who is throwing him the ball in Toronto?... Normally I wouldn't use Nichols as a "selling feature" but in this case they have a history together... so that always helps...

3 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Count me as skeptical that we can convince Walker to come for less money.

I think that if he finishes his world tour and finds that the money he's looking for just isn't there, then we have a shot.  It appears he's betting that as the pool of players goes down, his stock rises.  Good luck with that.

Edited by WBBFanWest